Apple CarPlay - Missing Features? — TomTom Community

Apple CarPlay - Missing Features?

gsalatinogsalatino Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
TomTom Go on Carplay does not allow you to do a voice search for your destination. Is it a bug or a temporary lack?

trahc22x1j6n.jpg

Also, no shortcut is displayed on the main screen. Will it be implemented in the future?

3hxyi7ykusil.jpg

Is it normal that the traffic only works if I use the application on iPhone but I don't see the sidebar on the Carplay screen?

Mod edit: Machine translated (Italian)

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,865
    Superuser
    Hi @gsalatino

Regarding your last point Apple provide templates that App displays can be based on when in CarPlay mode and non of those templates facilitate the display of the Side Bar that can be seen on the iPhones display. Hence Tomtom say they are seeking to find other ways to display the information that you would see in the Side Bar.

Not quite certain what you mean in your first point re destination. When are you expecting/wanting to hear the destination stated.

Doug
  • gsalatinogsalatino Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for your reply.

About the first point i can't use the voice commands to enter an address but i have to type it in manually.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,865
    Superuser
    Hi @gsalatino

I am sure Tomtom have it on their list of facilities to provide in due course.

Doug
  • Feckweed405Feckweed405 Posts: 84 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    A voice search while moving is critical while using CarPlay. All other navigation apps have this function. It’s just not practical or safe to pull over, put the car in park and search using the keyboard.
  • gsalatinogsalatino Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Every time I start the vehicle the map is in 2D and I have to set the 3D view every time....