Latitude & Longitude on GO 620 — TomTom Community

Latitude & Longitude on GO 620

Old_DBOld_DB Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
How do I get to display Lat / Long on my GO 620 ...
IF not ... Why Not ..??

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,872
    Superuser
    Hi @Old_DB

Provided the GO620 has locked onto the Sats your current Long/Lat position is stated where you would input Long/Lat positions in Search.

Doug
  • Old_DBOld_DB Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    In search all I get is option to find an address or name + keyboard ...
    I have looked at all options / settings and there is nowhere to display lat / long on screen
    I want to display lat / long on a bar at top / /bottom of screen as part of "normal" display..
    Refer my previous post .. as request to have lat/long as an option to display in bar on screen as you travel ...
    As a long time remote area traveler this would be a great help for a number of reasons.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,078
    Superusers
    edited April 28
    Hi
    The Tomtom devices are not really designed for off-road use....
    If road/lane/track is not displayed on the Tomtom maps it will usually only guide to the nearest road access point....

Example inputting coordinates using GPS format, for example, If you enter N 52 23.488 W 2 12.501 it's a field in Worcestershire UK
    In the text, the New GO range will display the coordinate location and underneath, offer the nearest road location as a destination, in this case, an (Unnamed location) Hurcott UK

021fa32a-9e95-483a-a598-114e5cae63e8.jpg

(1)... Tapping the Pennant Icon opens the "(Unnamed location) Hurcott UK" Tap the blue "Drive Steering Wheel" icon to drive there
    Or
    Tap the 3Dot Quick menu for more options....
    (2)... Tapping the Globe coordinate Icon only zooms the map into the Globe Icon (Tapping the Globe Icon on the Map does nothing)... Pinch zoom the map down until the Pennant Icon is in view....

If you Tap the dual function Icon (3Lines & 2Circles....

2ytgzd26585n.jpg
    You can toggle between a Map and List view or tap the Keyboard Icon to return to the Coordinates' menu screen
    If you pinch-zoom the map screen, it will show the coordinate location on the Map
    The GO will give you the coordinate location and will show it on the map, but can only plan a route to the nearest road access point

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    fully understand what you are saying ... and am aware that Tom Tom is not "designed" for of f road use....
    BUT surely it is only a software write / upgrade to put this option as an selectable option.
    ... in this day and age of technology, or is it beyond the capability of Tom Tom programmers ...???