I can't get audible directions from my TomTom GO Basic, just hear arrival time — TomTom Community

I can't get audible directions from my TomTom GO Basic, just hear arrival time

Can anyone advise how to get the directions spoken, only thing I hear is time of arrival

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,388 Moderator
    Hi @ColinB31
    Welcome to the community! Do you have a computer voice active? Eg- Serena.
    I have added it for your TomTom GO BASIC just in case it's not installed already. You can download > activate and test the device on a planned route.

Thanks, Vikram
  • ColinB31ColinB31 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks, have no idea about serena? the car is a ford ficus 70 plate, phone connects to tom tom and car but couldn’t hear any instructions. I will download what you have added and see if that works. I am a novice when it comes to technology ,probably my age!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,550
    Superuser
    Hi @ColinB31

The Tomtom unit you have mentioned is a stand alone unit that you can use in any car. If you Tap Menu you will see a volume slider along the bottom of the screen. There is a speaker icon at the left hand end and a Voice icon at the right hand end. If any of these have a line through them then Tap the relevant icon to remove the line and allow the speaker/ voice to be heard.

There is an advantage in using Serena as the chosen voice in Voices. The voice is a computerised voice as it can be set to give you more detailed directional information as well as verbally advising you of the presence of Cameras. If you need more help with this then ask here and we will respond.

You should find the Serena voice as being available in Updates and new items and so add it to the unit there.

Doug