Why will TomTom not dispatch my order — TomTom Community

Why will TomTom not dispatch my order

Very slow dispatch time

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,653 Moderator
    Hi @Fushi
    Welcome to the community! We are sorry to hear about the delay. I guess that is due to the lockdowns in place. My advice would be to contact our customer service along with the order number, they would probably have more information to share.

Regards, Vikram
  • FushiFushi Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for your reply. I have been in touch with customer service and I feel they tell me what I want to hear. On 3 different dates they have told me it will be dispatched the next day which does not happen.. I understand difficulty with Covid but why customer service mislead me giving false information I do not understand. If they cannot dispatch it for a week or two then be honest and say that. Then I could of cancelled the order and bought one elsewhere.
    Regards Fushi
    I ordered a Tomtom 6200 11 days ago. Still in progress on order status. I have been in touch with customer service and I feel they tell me what I want to hear. On 3 different dates they have told me it will be dispatched the next day which does not happen.. I understand difficulty with Covid but why customer service mislead me giving false information I do not understand. If they cannot dispatch it for a week or two then be honest and say that. Then I could of cancelled the order and bought one elsewhere.
    Regards Fushi
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,272
    Superusers
    edited January 15
    Hi
    @Fushi
    Post Brexit transport teething problems ??? ;)
    Tomtom FAQ... Orders to the United Kingdom are facing delays
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360018861019-Orders-to-the-United-Kingdom-are-facing-delays

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Brexit well that’s a new excuse. I’ve bought from China and got my parcels quicker. Lol
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,272
    Superusers
    edited January 15
    Hi
    @Fushi
    Fushi wrote: »
    Brexit well that’s a new excuse. I’ve bought from China and got my parcels quicker. Lol
    Ah, but your 'China' parcel would not be travelling via Europe or the Channel Tunnel :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    True. However customer service have told me it’s in the uk warehouse on 2 occasions and just yesterday said they had it in stock and would dispatch it yesterday. Guess what? It was not dispatched. This is the 4th time they have told me it would be dispatched. I’m so frustrated. When I asked for a refund they said it was being dispatched so no need.
  • skull66skull66 Posts: 47 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    @Fushi, you're lucky I can't even get through to Customer Service, when I click on contact and go through all the steps I get please try again later, I may just cancel and go with Garmin, it's been 12 days since I placed my order, using Brexit as a reason just doesn't cut it, and other companies are managing to still select and despatch stock in the current climate.
    @skull66 , I find if you try live chat in the mornings about 9:30 you seem to have a better chance of talking to someone. However trust me there is no point. They will just tell you it’s being dispatched tomorrow and that never happens. Since my last post without my intervention they have emailed me on 2 different dates saying they are really sorry, the latest excuse is a computer error. However they were going to dispatch after each email. Guess what NOT dispatched. I’m fed up.
    I am going to cancel and get a refund.
    I bet that will be no easy task.
  • Bazman4Bazman4 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited January 22
    Fushi i've suffered same situation.My job relies on me having a sat nav so as mine is quite dated and a good price on up-grade was given i went for it but despatch was same as you suffered.I gave up waiting after 11 days & contacted customer services again,requested cancellation & refund.To be fair refund arrived 3 days later.Had already purchased another sat nav from elsewhere(not a tomtom) but maybe in future i will give them another go when the "issues" have passed & a normal service can be returned.