Mazda NB1 SD Card will not update — TomTom Community

Mazda NB1 SD Card will not update

FinePuttFinePutt Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
edited January 12 in Built in car navigation
Am I the only 1 with problems? The closest I get to updating my SD card, an error message pops up, "error reading setup initialization file". Any help greatly appreciated as getting TomTom is sometimes tough. Thanks.

Comments

• FinePuttFinePutt Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks but no help. I reformatted as per above, followed the steps per above and still getting the same error message about unable to initialize. What's so very frustrating is the system worked fine before attempting to download updates. This is sucks.
    BBCode
  • FinePuttFinePutt Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Now I have nothing on the card.
    BBCode
  • JohnL41JohnL41 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having same problem. Tried a new blank card, went to Mazda dealer, for $134 they put in their card and unit worked fine but could not get to work with my card. Offered to sell me a new card for $600.
    FinePoint; you say TomTom is difficult? The phone help number is out of service and the chat help is never in operation. It was not this way in the past. There customer service has gone down hill from what it was when I had my first TomTom.
    So I reformatted my card to MOS-Fat and then opened up TomTom Home and went to update device and Home says not connected. Your instructions say to put card into car after reformatting and the other instructions do not call for this step. Which is correct?
  • LesPosenLesPosen Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Latest MacOS MyDrive connect does not "see" the Mazda NB1 SD card, formatted in exe. App insists on a USB connection.
  • Troubadix12Troubadix12 Posts: 2,000 [Revered Voyager]
    Hi LesPosen,

welcome to the TomTom-Community :)

MyDriveConnect woudn't work with the NB1. You need TomTomHome:

MacOS 10.11 or lower:
    http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/home2latest/TomTomHOME2maclatest.dmg

MacOS 10.12 and newer:
    http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/home2upgrade/home2latest/TomTomHOME2mac.dmg

Regards

Troubadix12
  • mazdausermazdauser Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi LesPosen,

welcome to the TomTom-Community :)

MyDriveConnect woudn't work with the NB1. You need TomTomHome:

MacOS 10.11 or lower:
    http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/home2latest/TomTomHOME2maclatest.dmg

MacOS 10.12 and newer:
    http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/home2upgrade/home2latest/TomTomHOME2mac.dmg

Regards

Troubadix12
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @FinePutt
    Welcome to the community!
    My recommendation would be to remove the SD card from the device. Format it on a computer - FAT format

72vclu2adugi.png

1e51owgbjw23.png

u2s1uyik5xgx.png

tjt516p34g47.png

Note: If the content in the image above is not clearly visible, just right click on it and open in a new tab/window.

Regards, Vikram

I want to install and pay for new maps. My SD card (from the car) is not recognised when entered.
    I'm using macOS
    Should I format the card, then place in the car sd card slot, then back into the laptop?

Please help, the sat nav is useless / dangerous at the moment. I want to pay ££ for more maps and services but i can't even get that far. TomTom please help me spend my money
  • M3NB1UserM3NB1User Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited March 11
    Having the same problem. Tried updating my OEM memory card using the TomTom Home app but I'm getting the error: "20210310 140739.000 Error: DesktopLib/Ext3/ImageUnrecoverable: There are errors on your memory card that cannot be repaired by HOME. To fix these errors, insert your memory card into your navigation device. Switch your device on and wait for it to start up. Turn your device off again. We're sorry but your settings cannot be recovered."
    Tried formatting the memory card to MSDos (Fat32) and initializing it using my cars nav system. Then plugged the card into my mac but got the same error. I've tried this several times including buying a new memory card. Formatted it and initialized it but still same error. Even tried it on a PC. Same results. I've even reinstalled the TOMTOM Home software a few times. Same results. I'm assuming there's an issue with the TOMTOM Home software or when the car's nav system's software got updated it corrupted the software's ability to create the memory card's initialization files. Do you know when there'll be fix for this issue?
  • MazdaloverMazdalover Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited May 31
    Hi all,

I had same issues: sd card not recognized, tomtom home was crashing, etc.
    I ended up formatting the sd card, uninstalling- reinstalling Tomtom Home on my PC, purchased the USA&Canada Maps (that is what I needed) and now I am installing the maps onto the SD card...
    Basically started from scratch. I feel it is the only way to do it, unfortunately!..

Hope this helps! Cheers

Update: It was all done installing in about 6min and I put the SD card back in the navigation system of the car and it works fine now!
  • ItsmeagainItsmeagain Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Did you need to initialize the sd card in your car after formatting? You don’t list that step. My NB1 does not seem to be initializing the newly formatted card so it is not detected by TomTom. Any help would be appreciated.