GO 50 frozen on TomTom logo — TomTom Community

GO 50 frozen on TomTom logo

I have a TomTom Go 50 that has frozen on the TomTom logo screen after the drum roll. I have gone through all the reset procedures but to no avail. I can connect to MyDrive connect and the device is recognised but displays 0% space available on the device but lots of space on the micro sd card.

When I try to download the required Nav4 update, the Go50 seems to keep disconnecting and I have to reset the connection. After numerous reconnections the MyDrive connect screen nowshows checking at 100% but wont go any further. I assume this is because the device memory is full

Any Suggestions on a recovery ?

Natasha

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,897
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Natashastocks

Lets see what @VikramK has to say after he has reviewed your units logs on the Tomtom servers.

Look back here tomorrow.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Hi @Natashastocks

If you ave a map on the internal memory what happens if you try again after taking the extra memory card out.

Doug
  • NatashastocksNatashastocks Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Doug

Yes I tried that but no change. The device is still stuck on the TomTom startup screen

Natasha
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Natashastocks

Lets see what @VikramK has to say after he has reviewed your units logs on the Tomtom servers.

Look back here tomorrow.

Doug
    OK Thanks Doug.
    I await @VikramK's reply

Natasha
    On another note. If I am unable to resolve this startup problem and decide to purchase another TomTom, can I "transfer" over the USA maps I purchased over to the new device ?

Natasha
    Superuser
    edited January 17
    Hi @Natashastocks

Maps are tied to the serial number of the unit they were supplied with or bought for so are not transferable. However if the maps were bought vecently then maybe a call to Customer Support may be worthwhile.

Many of the current models come with world maps so would have the America map included.

Doug
    Thanks again
    @VikramK. Did you manage to look at the logs to see if this Go50 unit is recoverable ?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,906 Moderator
    Hi @Natashastocks
    Sorry for my late reply here....
    I asked my team to review the logs in the backend. There are several pending downloads that are not installing due to space issues. Since the downloads are showing in progress we cannot run scripts for freeing up space. It's recommended to keep the device connected to MyDrive Connect and let these pending jobs fail.

Thanks, Vikram
    Thanks for the reply.

I did try to let them all fail but the problems encountered, including servers busy, device lost connection and no internet, just creates additional problems and I have to restart the device. I have cleared the cache and now my drive connect just asks if i want to install the 5 updates. Not sure if you can do anything at your end to free up some internal memory as it is showing as 0 bytes

Many Thanks
    Natasha