What3words integration — TomTom Community

What3words integration

Phasmainmachina_2021Phasmainmachina_2021 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
edited January 11 in Travel lounge
Does anyone know if what3words search and location might be added to TomTom at any time in the future? Emergency services are increasingly relying on it, and personal experience of using post codes in a variety of locations can be very hit or miss.
I can’t help but feel it would be a big advantage for many users to have it available.

Best Answer

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,136 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
  • Phasmainmachina_2021Phasmainmachina_2021 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Thank you very much, scrolling down the thread showed a way to get a what3words link into TomTom Go on a phone, which is probably the best that’s available until full integration takes place sometime in the future.
    Many thanks again, I really appreciate your help.
  • Phasmainmachina_2021Phasmainmachina_2021 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Just a quick follow-up, I tried using what3words as the search for somewhere that I didn’t know the exact location, and it did give TomTom as well as other satnav apps, and the link worked perfectly!
    I hadn’t thought of doing that, but it’s fairly obvious if you use what3words for navigation, instead of just finding your location in an emergency, so it’s probably almost as good as having direct integration, ie being able to just put a what3words location address straight into the TomTom search window.
    Anyway, thanks again for your help, it’s very much appreciated!
    All the best,
    AdrianH