Faulty Product — TomTom Community

Faulty Product

terminator1terminator1 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
edited January 11 in Travel lounge
Is it at all possible to actually speak to a HUMAN BEING at TOMTOM, to resolve a faulty item issue ??????

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,644
    Superusers
    There is currently no telephone support due to COVID restrictions. Support is currently only available by chat or email.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,702
    Superuser
    Hi @P1ssed_OffbyTT

Here is a post with details re contacting Support.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1734543/#Comment_1734543

You can also try

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

Doug
  • terminator1terminator1 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    WHAT IS TEL. No. FOR CUST SERVICE'S ( LOL )
    Superuser
    Hi @P1ssed_OffbyTT

As has been stated earlier there is only Chat and Email customer Support options with so many working from Home. There is NO telephone support and many have resolved issues via the Chat and email options

What is the issue you have that need resolution.

Doug
    Hello, My GO Premuim 5 Sat Nav will not turn on/work. It is less than 12month's old , so I would like it replacing under Warranty please.
    Superuser
    HI @P1ssed_OffbyTT

Contact via Chat and arrange its return for repair as others have.

Doug
    Thank's for the info Doug , I'm afraid I'm not used to these forum type thing's. I don't do FaceTwittStagranPintrest or any of that internet poo !
    Superuser
    Hi @P1ssed_OffbyTT

Neither do I . If you have an Apple or similar phone that has a mains plug which you use to charge it from the mains then you could use that with the USB cable for the Premuim to try and give it a good charge. Charge it for about 2 hours plus then see if it will start .

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,215
    Superusers
    Hi
    @P1ssed_OffbyTT
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

ATB YFM