when will MyDrive Connect be compatible with MacOS Big Sur v11.1 — TomTom Community

when will MyDrive Connect be compatible with MacOS Big Sur v11.1

DickStiborDickStibor Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited January 7 in MyDrive Connect
when will MyDrive Connect be compatible with MacOS Big Sur v11.1

Comments

• DickStiborDickStibor Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I started with their support and the “Contact us” was no help.
  • kieronkieron Posts: 513
    Superusers
    Hi there DickStibor -

I have macOS Big Sur Version 11.1 installed and MyDrive Connect Version 4.2.11.4204 and there are no issues connecting and updating any of my TomTom devices.
    Try uninstalling your current version and re-installing again.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,056
    Superusers
    Hi
    @DickStibor
    Tomtom FAQ... Installing MyDrive Connect....
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • MikkoJMikkoJ Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    When the new architecture will be supported ??
  • BillDal75BillDal75 Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I open mydrive connect and get a blank page
  • nunzionunzio Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have a TomTom navigation module (1MJ01) for a Sony XNV-770BT head unit. Yes, it is an old 2012 model. But, it still works perfectly in my vehicle. However, when I recently attempted to update the map on the TomTom module from my Mac, I ran into an issue that many posters here have pointed out: TomTom MyDrive Connect would not work properly on macOS Big Sur. But, I finally figure out which version of Big Sur works and which version doesn't.

macOS Big Sur 11.4 (20F71)
    I have this operating system on a late-2013 Mac Pro.
    MyDrive Connect 4.2.11.4204 does launch. But, if I select updates (map, GPS fix) and try to send them to the 1MJ01, the transfer never completes. In fact, the repeated failed attempts made the software on the 1MJ01 corrupt and no map would show up on the Sony screen. Resetting the 1MJ01 had no effect.

macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29)
    I have this operating system on a mid-2015 MacBook Pro.
    The same version of MyDrive Connect was successful in transferring updates to the 1MJ01. Upon connecting the 1MJ01 to the Sony, the navigation was revived.

The above is just one instance of a successful update on one version of macOS Big Sur. But, I hope that my experience would help some users install updates from their Mac.
  • drdrdrdr Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    I have a new machine and have tried to update my Tom Tom using Tom Tom My Drive Connect. I copied the software to the new mac but am unable to open it. It says it is not supported by Apple.
    There is no such software in the Apple store.
    Has my Tom Tom become redundant?
  • RobifotoRobifoto Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    When will MyDrive Connect be available for Mac Big Sur?
  • NosdivadNosdivad Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    got the blank white screen like many others, deleted, downloaded, same result, vert frustrating
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,829
    Superuser
    Hi @Robifoto @Nosdivad

I am running My Drive Connect on my MacBook Pro which is using Mac Big Sur 11.4

I had the White screen issue. When I first I deleted the My Drive Connect software and reloaded it the same screen issue appeared. On my Second attempt I completely deleted the Software then turned the PC Off and On and reloaded the software. It not works as it should.

Doug