Removing unused content to install a map update — TomTom Community

Removing unused content to install a map update

I want to install an updated map and it will not do it unless I remove some unused content.
[I don’t want to use a memory card) when I click to view what is suggested there is a huge list of peoples names, ie Nora - is this the list of voices available to choose, if so I hadn’t realised there was that many. I am nervous about going ahead and uninstalling without knowing what I am deleting. Has anyone any information on this - thank you.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,230
    Superusers
    edited January 7
    Hi
    @Jwood
    Welcome to the site....
    There are 2 versions of the Start 52....
    Fitted with either 8GB or 16GB onboard Memory....

f38oz0taagl9.jpg
    The early 8GB NAV4 devices... The Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the 8GB NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....

The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 8.6GB
    I do not think you will find enough space deleting files to install the full Europe Map... The device also uses the onboard Memory for the Operating System + 400MB is used for working space and is considered the bare minimum free space for the device to operate....

@VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators will pick this up and add a small Map to the Account to get past the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....

For More Info & Options See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,581 Moderator
    Hi @Jwood
    A small map of UK and ROI has been activated for TomTom. Try installation this to the internal memory.
    Once installed, the device should allow you to use a memory card to install the Europe map.

Regards, Vikram