iPhone Bluetooth, rider 550 — TomTom Community

iPhone Bluetooth, rider 550

MmikeeMmikee Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
After resetting device and reinstalling my drive I can get my iPhone to connect thru Bluetooth and get message and call notifications but when the device off and on again it says it’s connected to my phone but when you go into the phone connection on device it says “connecting” constantly and never actually connects.
Works again after device reset and reinstalling my drive then off and on again and same 🤬thing again!
Can anyone help?

Answers

• kieronkieron Posts: 514
    Superusers
    Hi there Mmikee -
    Here is an excerpt posted by JURES (another forum contributor) as a temporary fix for iPhones using iOS 13+ operating systems end of January 2020 onwards -

If you pair the gps with your iPhone WITHOUT the MyDrive app, traffic works flawlessly - perfectly!
    You can even install the MyDrive app afterwards and use it for routing - but -
    JUST DON’T PAIR your gps with the MyDrive app!!!
    Traffic will still work, MyDrive routing will work, the only thing that does not work will be smartphone features (calls/sms) but thats not important if using a motorbike.

Traffic and MyDrive under iOS 13+ works!!!!!
    1. - Delete the MyDrive app on your iPhone
    2. - Delete old Bluetooth pairings of the gps on your iPhone
    3. - Connect the gps to your iPhone over Bluetooth under standard way
    4. - Install the MyDrive app
    5. - DO NOT pair your gps via the MyDrive app
    6. - Have personal hotspot on iPhone turned ON just for *Bluetooth and USB Only*
    - DO NOT pair gps with WiFi of this personal hotspot and make sure WiFi is turned off on your iPhone.

TRAFFIC AND MYDRIVE WILL WORK NON STOP!!

The problem lies within the MyDrive app (pairing through the app).

~Kieron adds~

Apple had introduced new Bluetooth security permissions from iOS 13 and TomTom would have needed to modify their app to make the two separate Bluetooth connections work effectively for traffic data and calls/texts.

Essentially, also using the *Bluetooth and USB Only* pairing hotspot in your iPhone settings will be required for the stable connection and has less of a drain on your phone’s battery compared to the WiFi hotspot setting.
    I am currently using my Rider 500, (Sena 5s and iPhone 7 Plus paired directly for calls) this way successfully.

As JURES (the original contributor of this temporary fix) had explained, you can
    re-install the MyDrive app onto your phone, sign in to it and use it for routing to send to your devices, but just don’t pair the Bluetooth within the app to your gps.

Good luck.