GO 600 keeps rebooting — TomTom Community

GO 600 keeps rebooting

My TomTom go 600 keeps rebooting. This happened after the map update version 10.6.
Anybody had the same experience. Is there a recommended fix.
Tagged:

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,230
    Superusers
    edited January 3
    Hi
    @cupalsky
    Have you got the Full Europe Map installed on the GO 600....
    If ‘Yes’... I assume you have a 16GB or 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory card fitted ??? Have you got a Small Keeper Map installed onto the on-board Memory ???
    If 'Yes'... Maybe the Memory card SIM contacts have oxidized a little over time... Turn off the Device and try removing and replacing the Memory card a few times to remake the connections....

The early NAV4 devices Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 9GB
    @VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators pick this type of problem and add a small Map to the Account to get past the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM
  • cupalskycupalsky Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I have the US map without buildings installed. And yes I have a MicroSD card installed in the device. I know that if the map will not fit on the onboard memory it will go to the SD card to install the map.
    I think I have found a solution to my problem. On the device go to TomTom services and if you are logged into your MyDrive account you have to stop syncing. So far so good. It is not rebooting constantly now. I hope it works well with others who have the same problem. Let me know if it works for you.