How do I turn up the volume of the voice within the app? — TomTom Community

How do I turn up the volume of the voice within the app?

grofgrof Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
I can turn up the volume of my phone, and I can turn up the volume of the channel its routed to, but that is not what I'm after. In relation to all other apps using the same channels the TT Go App is much too quiet (about 50% of google maps say). It needs to be increased to the same or similar volume to the other apps sharing the same channels so that they can be used together.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thanks

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,210 Moderator
    edited January 4
    Hi @grof

Thank you for this feedback! I'm not aware of any complaints about the volume being too low in the app but I've notified the team and they will take a look into this. Google maps have controls for changing the volume in the settings. From what I see, it would be better to implement HFP support first than bring back the volume slider in the app. But surely, the volume slider is on the roadmap.

Regards, lampard

• grofgrof Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited January 4
    Yes please. the volume of the app (with internal slider or otherwise) needs to be increased to match/ bring it in line with other apps sharing the same channels. Otherwise, there is too large a discrepancy between volumes to use the same channel for multiple apps. This is very limiting and could be easily solved if TT made the app volume similar to other android apps. I have never had to adjust the volume of say google maps or music to make them similar. But the TT app is very faint by comparison. I know I'm not alone with this problem as per other comments on the forum. Be great to get if fixed. Thanks.
  • Frank56Frank56 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @grof

Thank you for this feedback! I'm not aware of any complaints about the volume being too low in the app but I've notified the team and they will take a look into this. Google maps have controls for changing the volume in the settings. From what I see, it would be better to implement HFP support first than bring back the volume slider in the app. But surely, the volume slider is on the roadmap.

Regards, lampard

You must be joking! " I'm not aware of any complaints about the volume being too low in the app"

I complained about this months ago , and I am not the only one.

Fiddling with the volume button on the telephone while driving is much more of a distrating when driving than the original slider. It is dangerous!

Besides that missing volume slider, even at max the volume is so low I have to reduce the music playing from the phone to a low level (and the car amplifier way up, close to the limit). Also picked the loudest voice to get decent volume.

Just cannot understand that TT can not make a decent volume level and control in their app
  • grofgrof Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited January 18
    Feedback like this should be jumped on by TT as we are essentially beta testing the product. It could be a real win-win, surely what the forum is for!! And yes, I have to agree I've seen lots of posts about the volume problem. TT could you please acknowledge this problem which I have personally reported through this portal, by direct email (still no remedy) and as feedback through Google play, and provide a fix asap. None of us are here trying to get something for nothing, in fact its just an additional pain to have to keep on reporting problems, especially with very little useful feedback, let alone with no fix. Thanks.