How do I turn up the volume of the voice within the app? — TomTom Community

How do I turn up the volume of the voice within the app?

grofgrof Posts: 62 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
I can turn up the volume of my phone, and I can turn up the volume of the channel its routed to, but that is not what I'm after. In relation to all other apps using the same channels the TT Go App is much too quiet (about 50% of google maps say). It needs to be increased to the same or similar volume to the other apps sharing the same channels so that they can be used together.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thanks

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,600 Moderator
    edited January 4
    Hi @grof

Thank you for this feedback! I'm not aware of any complaints about the volume being too low in the app but I've notified the team and they will take a look into this. Google maps have controls for changing the volume in the settings. From what I see, it would be better to implement HFP support first than bring back the volume slider in the app. But surely, the volume slider is on the roadmap.

Regards, lampard

• grofgrof Posts: 62 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited January 4
    Yes please. the volume of the app (with internal slider or otherwise) needs to be increased to match/ bring it in line with other apps sharing the same channels. Otherwise, there is too large a discrepancy between volumes to use the same channel for multiple apps. This is very limiting and could be easily solved if TT made the app volume similar to other android apps. I have never had to adjust the volume of say google maps or music to make them similar. But the TT app is very faint by comparison. I know I'm not alone with this problem as per other comments on the forum. Be great to get if fixed. Thanks.
  • Frank56Frank56 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @grof

Thank you for this feedback! I'm not aware of any complaints about the volume being too low in the app but I've notified the team and they will take a look into this. Google maps have controls for changing the volume in the settings. From what I see, it would be better to implement HFP support first than bring back the volume slider in the app. But surely, the volume slider is on the roadmap.

Regards, lampard

You must be joking! " I'm not aware of any complaints about the volume being too low in the app"

I complained about this months ago , and I am not the only one.

Fiddling with the volume button on the telephone while driving is much more of a distrating when driving than the original slider. It is dangerous!

Besides that missing volume slider, even at max the volume is so low I have to reduce the music playing from the phone to a low level (and the car amplifier way up, close to the limit). Also picked the loudest voice to get decent volume.

Just cannot understand that TT can not make a decent volume level and control in their app
    edited January 18
    Feedback like this should be jumped on by TT as we are essentially beta testing the product. It could be a real win-win, surely what the forum is for!! And yes, I have to agree I've seen lots of posts about the volume problem. TT could you please acknowledge this problem which I have personally reported through this portal, by direct email (still no remedy) and as feedback through Google play, and provide a fix asap. None of us are here trying to get something for nothing, in fact its just an additional pain to have to keep on reporting problems, especially with very little useful feedback, let alone with no fix. Thanks.
    Anyone able to update on this issue..... its a very old one now. Thanks
    edited September 14
    Hello to anyone from Tom Tom.

I have a message dating back to January from TT telling me that this low volume problem was a know issue and on their To Do list and we could expect a fix imminently. I'm sad to say that having not used the app for a long time I went on a motorcycle trip yesterday and could tell no discernible difference from when I and many others reported the problem many months ago. Could we please have a date for a fix? Forgive me if I've missed a setting somewhere. In my mind the volume of the app just needs to be brought in line with all other apps which seem to have the same shared volume, such as google maps. That way they can share the same audio channel. Simple, and probably a dead easy fix.

Please see original post at the top of this thread. Thanks
  • MachinoMachino Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    grof wrote: »
    Hello to anyone from Tom Tom.

I have a message dating back to January from TT telling me that this low volume problem was a know issue and on their To Do list and we could expect a fix imminently. I'm sad to say that having not used the app for a long time I went on a motorcycle trip yesterday and could tell no discernible difference from when I and many others reported the problem many months ago. Could we please have a date for a fix? Forgive me if I've missed a setting somewhere. In my mind the volume of the app just needs to be brought in line with all other apps which seem to have the same shared volume, such as google maps. That way they can share the same audio channel. Simple, and probably a dead easy fix.

Please see original post at the top of this thread. Thanks

Please keep posting because I think the TomTom people are NOT going to fix anything.

The volume is obviously WAAAAAAAAY too low in the TomTom app. I am unable to listen to loud music when driving somewhere new because I oftentimes miss prompts.

I use TomTom over Google Maps because Google's view is not very user friendly. However, you can actually hear Google's directions.
    edited September 19
    HELLO TOM TOM - CAN YOU HEAR US?????

• MUPMUP Posts: 379 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi Mup, how do you conjure up a mod?
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,294 [Exalted Pioneer]
    grof wrote: »
    Hi Mup, how do you conjure up a mod?

Hello,

Example @VikramK @lampard
  • MUPMUP Posts: 379 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Let me try "Kuchiyose no Jutsu" now ...

I bid you, oh genie, please appear now
    @lampard @szachowa
    edited September 19
    Thanks!

To my mind it doesn't even need a slider, just make it the same volume as everything else. I don't have this problem with ANY other app!! It's probably just one line of code that needs amending that would take a developer moments to fix! Just TT stubbornness as usual.
    Hi @grof

It seems we won't bring back the volume slider to the app anytime soon. I'll post back here once there's an update or plan to do this.

I've no new updates to share regarding the low volume issue which is still under investigation. (GONAV-1875)

Best, lampard

P.S. thanks for summoning me!
    Hello @lampard

It would be so nice if when we left feedback or reported bugs / problems that someone from TT said "thanks and we're on it, should have something for you in a day or two". But this never seems to be the case. Instead we just get hung out to dry. The volume problem is well documented and very old. Why doesn't someone just fix it? Job done!
    I note there's a new release Version 3.3.2 (20 Sep. 2021). Did the fix take place?
    No, see more information about 3.3.2 below:
    Jürgen wrote: »
    Version 3.3.2 (20 Sep. 2021)
    • Android 12 support
    • Improved subscriptions screen
    • Simplified privacy screen at onboarding
    • Bug fixes and improvements

Best, lampard

Hello @lampard

I saw Jurgens post but it makes no mention of what the bug fixes are, hence my enquiry. To keep things simple can you please just tell me when the volume problem will be fixed. As I say its a well documented problem that's been around for far too long already! Thanks
  • Hobbit1959Hobbit1959 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Octover 4th, the problem persists... :#:#:#
  • FACFAC Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    TomTom Go by default use the AA music channel for volume.

To check volume go into the music app such as Youtube Music, Spotify etc if you adjust that volume it should manage the TT Go Volume through AA
    edited October 5
    @FAC No, the point is that the TT app is much quieter than all the other apps, so those that share the same channel, say TTGo and music cannot be used together. Music good volume, TT much too quiet. Turn up the volume to hear the TT, music deafening! Probably a 5 minute fix for someone at TT who knows what they're doing.