Pairing with PowerBeats Pro — TomTom Community

Pairing with PowerBeats Pro

BW1000BW1000 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
I have been using PowerBeats Pro headphones since September, and they have always worked very well. About a week ago they stopped pairing with my watch. I have tried re-setting the headphones several times, but nothing has worked.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue? I like the headphones more than I like the watch, so if it can't be solved I'll have to look for another options for tracking my runs.

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,568
    Superusers
    Are you also using the headset with another device like your phone? BT is a one-to-one relationship, so it can only play on one device at a time. Any of these devices could be stealing the signal first. You should do a factory rest and repair them, which will reset the pairing codes (also reset the headphones if you know how).

Before pairing, you should turn off BT on all the other devices you have tried pairing them to. Alternately, go outside away from the other devices so they are all out of range before trying to pair the headphones. Make sure the headphones are in pairing mode while on the clock screen and then press up to have the watch search for it (don't go into search mode on the watch first). On most headphones you need to press and hold the power button for an extended period to get into pairing (check the instructions for your headphones). Once they are paired you do not need to pair again, but make sure the headphones are turned on while on the clock screen and then press up to have the watch search for it (don't go into search mode on the watch first). This works for me every time. If I do it the other way and got to search first it often won’t find them. Finally, make sure you are not putting the headphones into pairing each time. On some models if you hold the power button for a second too long it will put it into pairing mode. For pairing purposes, leave the headphones sitting on the watch so they are as close as possible. And again, make sure you are in clock mode before going into pairing mode (just like when you turn them on to listen) and only press up once you have gotten the confirmation from the headphones that they are in pairing mode.
  • BW1000BW1000 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks - I found the same comment on an earlier thread, but none of those things are working for me. I'm not able to get the headphones into pairing mode.

Any other ideas? This is turning out to be a very expensive mistake!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,568
    Superusers
    BW1000 wrote: »
    Thanks - I found the same comment on an earlier thread, but none of those things are working for me. I'm not able to get the headphones into pairing mode.

Any other ideas? This is turning out to be a very expensive mistake!

If the headphones won't go into pairing mode then that is a problem with the headphones. You should talk to Power Beat about it.