Update lifetime maps on my TomTom Start device using MyDrive Connect — TomTom Community

Update lifetime maps on my TomTom Start device using MyDrive Connect

AuntyflossieAuntyflossie Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited January 11 in Map installation
I have lifetime maps on my TomTom device but cannot update them on My Drive Connect. It Says Servers Busy Try Later. I have tried frequently in the last 2 weeks. I have updated Mydrive Connect?

Best Answer

Answers

• nabunabu Posts: 15,006
    Superusers
    transfer my drive and reinstall in stride
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,897
    Superuser
    Hi @Auntyflossie

Type Servers Busy in the search box above and read some of the posts which will provide answers to your problem.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,443
    Superusers
    edited January 9
    Hi
    @Auntyflossie
    Welcome to the site....
    Firstly Try....
    Disconnect your Tomtom device....
    (Do not Reconnect your device until instructed)
    Logout of MyDrive Connect....
    From the Power menu 'Restart' your PC (NOT Turn it Off 'n' On again)....
    Run MyDrive Connect & Login... Connect & Start your device....

Important....
    NEVER have a Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... Installing MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    (3)... Modifying MyDrive Connect (i.e... Deleting the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders as in the workaround shown below)

Having your device connected can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

If you are still having problems with MyDrive Connect... I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1704775/#Comment_1704775

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • AuntyflossieAuntyflossie Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks YamFazMan that has worked.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Auntyflossie
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • marrywilliesmarrywillies Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I had a similar issue by trying to update maps on my device. In the meantime I replaced my lap top PC so i did not have the TomTom connect app so when I connected my device to update nothing happened. I made contact on line to TomTom and connected to a technician who informed me that I needed a new subscription to update maps but I have lifetime maps on this device so reluctantly I aggreged to signup for 3 years of map updates and I was allowed to update the maps on my device -What I was charged to proceed to updates was this correct?
    Superusers
    edited January 8
    Hi
    @marrywillies
    See my reply to your other post... On the same subject....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1740489/#Comment_1740489

Stay Safe... ATB YFM