POIs files not synchronizing from MyDrive to Go Navigation app — TomTom Community

POIs files not synchronizing from MyDrive to Go Navigation app

decontrahiverndecontrahivern Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
Hi, I am a Tomtom go for Android user for years with excellent results. One of the main features I have been using with Mobile App is the possibility of loading POI files in OV2 format. Recently, I updated to Tomtom Go navigation App and my POIs are not appearing in "my places" anymore. I am loading just 1 file through MyDrive web but muy POis are not appearing in "My places"..... Instead, my routes and other information in MyDrive are synchronizing with no problem.

I want you to know that this feature is the most relevant for me so if this is not going to work, I will leave my subscription with TomTom after a lot of years.

Please, could you help me in some way or have the users lost this important feature forever ???

Thank you in advance for your help
Francesc

Best Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 13,677
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    The poi function in my Drive works for the pnd Sarnavs too, because they have the old Map format and not the NDS Map format.

For my own pois i use an other App and i can send them to Go Navigation, MyDrive App or Goole Maps.
    It's a workaround, but i can live with it.
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 519 [Revered Navigator]
    Accepted Answer
    Hello The function to add poi via the My drive application works with GPS but it has not yet been developed to work with Tomtom navigation on Android or for Iphone
  • SinglePointSafetySinglePointSafety Posts: 44 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Accepted Answer
    I use POI Pocket, which does a good job of (a) reading in your existing POIs in pretty much whatever format they exist in (b) allowing you to choose your POI and then, in turn, get there by choosing from whatever navigation app you have (c) easily adding more POIs by using Google Maps to locate/select. If you have a lot of POIs you will need the paid version, but it's only a few £.

Answers

Superusers
    Own poi files in *.ov2 are not officially supported.

Some users report that it is possible when the app is on SD card, so that you can see the folders again. But for this the internal memory must be filled so that is installed on SD.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1698166#Comment_1698166
  • decontrahiverndecontrahivern Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi, Lochfrass and thanks for your quick answer.

However, I cannot understand why there exists in MyDrive a function that is expressly designed to load your own POI files and you tell me that they are not supported...

So what POI files are supposed to work with MyDrive POIs syncing and Navigation Go on Android ?

Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    The poi function in my Drive works for the pnd Sarnavs too, because they have the old Map format and not the NDS Map format.

For my own pois i use an other App and i can send them to Go Navigation, MyDrive App or Goole Maps.
    It's a workaround, but i can live with it.
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 519 [Revered Navigator]
    Accepted Answer
    Hello The function to add poi via the My drive application works with GPS but it has not yet been developed to work with Tomtom navigation on Android or for Iphone
  • decontrahiverndecontrahivern Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks again. I will try to find an application on Android to read and navigate the POis themselves ....
    It's a shame, really, because this worked so well so far in TT.... wait, wait.....
    Superusers
  • SinglePointSafetySinglePointSafety Posts: 44 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Accepted Answer
    I use POI Pocket, which does a good job of (a) reading in your existing POIs in pretty much whatever format they exist in (b) allowing you to choose your POI and then, in turn, get there by choosing from whatever navigation app you have (c) easily adding more POIs by using Google Maps to locate/select. If you have a lot of POIs you will need the paid version, but it's only a few £.