How to see the map? — TomTom Community

How to see the map?

I installed the app, downloaded the Europe map and created an account, however, in driver mode, the map is grey. n1vfr82s4tju.jpg

Answers

• Bruno_AlbuquerqueBruno_Albuquerque Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    0x29sm0xod1r.jpg
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,504
    Superusers
    I suspect it is the missing Google services. But i dont konw it for 100%
  • Bruno_AlbuquerqueBruno_Albuquerque Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The app does not alert for the missing of Google services. I installed microG in order to have Google push notifications that some apps that I have to use require.
    I downloaded the tomtom go navigation app from Huawei store being publicized by Huawei store.
    I was thinking on buying the annual subscription, but since the app does not work in my phone, I will continue to use waze app.
  • iojiioji Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    I was thinking on buying the annual subscription, but since the app does not work in my phone, I will continue to use waze app.

Too bad, TomTom is way better than Waze and it has offline maps. Restart the app and make sure the phone has satellite signal. Zoom out and check if you still don't see the map. Sometime when i download a major update for the maps, they doesn't show up until i restart TomTom. Hope it helps.

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,608 Moderator
    Hi @Bruno_Albuquerque

This looks a bit odd. Do you have the Battery Saving mode enabled on your phone while using the app? If yes, close the app and turn that off to see if the map appears? (Open the Settings app on your phone. Navigate to the Battery menu> on Battery Saver).

Also, do you have any adblocker like AdGuard installed on your phone? Perhaps, provide us with the phone model, Android version, and app version to check this.

Regards, lampard