I purchased the TomTom Camper and have spent two days trying to do what I want. — TomTom Community

I purchased the TomTom Camper and have spent two days trying to do what I want.

corconxcorconx Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
Sadly I have failed, I followed the instructions to try to add my own POI's - those included are mainly for campsites which I do not use, I had POI's of Aires (France) and Stellplatz (Germany) I wish to add, plus the POI's from Search for Sites. However, I only appear to be able to add one actual POI at a time, surely that cannot be true, not even a folder of each.

What is the difference between My Drive and My Drive Connect?

My laptop (MacBook) will not connect to my Tomtom plugged in or found via bluetooth, but it does to my iPhone which it does via bluetooth

Another problem I see is that to run the Tomtom whilst driving, the lead covers the magnetic fixing for the window sticker... ah have now found that this connects to the window mount, so that solves that one.

Having spent best part of two days trying various ways to do it, at the moment, unless someone can explain what I am doing wrong, it is going back as unsuitable for my needs sadly.

Carol

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi @corconx

To add to the post from @YamFazMan

My Drive Connect is the software you would use to update etc your GO Camper. Technically you only need this if you don’t have a Wifi facility but a wired system or the Wifi is slow. In those circumstances once the software is running and you have connected the GO Camper you use the menu options on the Camper to add updates etc.

Re My Drive go to the My Drive Website and log into your account there. Here you will be able to find destinations and send them to your GO Camper or create and save routes in your Account which you can then sync to the GO Camper so they appear in the My Routes folder in the unit. The Home and Work positions you have saved in the GO Camper should appear in My Drive which becomes a backup for the unit.

If you Tap Discussions Home at the top of this page you will see a Support Videos option and there you will find videos showing what can be done with the unit.

Doug

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,272
    Superusers
    Hi
    @corconx
    The latests NAV4 or NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices.... Installing 3rd party POI Categories... You use the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

See Tomtom Video....
    How to import POIs, GPX files and Favourites in MyDrive

Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving View/Map
    Be aware....
    You can't install the POI associated .BMP files or Warning Sounds

You can only use the 5 Tomtom supplied generic Icons....

13s1zlb8gssy.jpg
    But you can use one icon for more than one POI category i.e... place all your fuel categories under one Icon, then if you tap on a nearby 'say' Fuel Icon a Quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot Icon for more options & more Information

Setup... After installing your Personal or 3rd party POIs.... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Show POI lists on the Map
    It says a restart is required, but I've never found it to be necessary
    After choosing the Generic Icon… Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right... Pinch zoom the Map, the Generic POI Icons all appear live and working
    Note... The Generic POI Icons disappear when the Map is highly zoomed out (I guess, so you can scroll around a clear Map to find your location)
    The Icon reappear as you zoom back in again

Here I'm using the Yellow Pentagon Icons --> National Trust
    fwsmyemsot57.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi @corconx

To add to the post from @YamFazMan

My Drive Connect is the software you would use to update etc your GO Camper. Technically you only need this if you don’t have a Wifi facility but a wired system or the Wifi is slow. In those circumstances once the software is running and you have connected the GO Camper you use the menu options on the Camper to add updates etc.

Re My Drive go to the My Drive Website and log into your account there. Here you will be able to find destinations and send them to your GO Camper or create and save routes in your Account which you can then sync to the GO Camper so they appear in the My Routes folder in the unit. The Home and Work positions you have saved in the GO Camper should appear in My Drive which becomes a backup for the unit.

If you Tap Discussions Home at the top of this page you will see a Support Videos option and there you will find videos showing what can be done with the unit.

Doug