Traffic info in application and lack of some functionalities — TomTom Community

Traffic info in application and lack of some functionalities

Lately I've read thoroughly Q&A on TomTom help web page and I'm little bit disappointed. Traffic info is not present in many European countries - also EU countries. It's more strange that TT has proper data, they are displayed on MyDrive page and moreover even Sygic app. which uses TT data also has that info too. I was thinking that TT app has all available for TT data... Are the plans for adding traffic data for missing countries like Bulgaria, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania? There was info on forum that Slovenia already got traffic info. And second question - are the plans for adding functionality which is present in AmiGO app - making report of accidents, roadworks, closed roads. For now one can only report speed cameras.

Best Answer

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,608 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi there @Marek_MkZ

The public FAQ link you posted above contains the list of countries for which the Go Navigation has Traffic & Speed Camera coverage. I'm checking with the team about the missing countries from the list.

To answer your 2nd question, we do not have any plans to implement the reporting features of AmiGO onto the GO Navigation app. However, you can always use the free AmiGO app in overlay mode in conjunction with the GO Navigation app.

Regards, lampard

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,867
    Superuser
    edited December 2020
    Hi @Marek_MkZ

Don't know where you have read about traffic absence in Bulgaria etc that you refer to but if you look at the following link then all the countries you have listed are included in the Traffic coverage offered by Tomtom.

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/real-time-traffic/europe/

Doug
  • Marek_MkZMarek_MkZ Posts: 55 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Ok. That's great news (if it's true). Then app help page is outdated: https://help.tomtom.com/hc/pl/articles/360013900220-Usługi-TomTom-Traffic-Fotoradary-i-Niebezpieczne-strefy-w-aplikacji-GO-Navigation - this is page in Polish language, but also English app help page contains similar data:
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900220-TomTom-Traffic-Speed-Cameras-and-Danger-Zones-coverage-for-the-GO-Navigation-app
    And to these pages Google Play Store referees. Which page is closer to reality then? You've mentioned about traffic data available for TT (this seems to be true in MapDrive) - I'm writing about traffic data present in app. App shows traffic data only in some distance from current position so I cannot verify that (and for that reason only I don't want to install extra software for cheating GPS info). Can someone verify that data for mentioned countries are present in app?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,867
    Superuser
    Hi @Marek_MkZ

My apologise I did not spot that you were talking about the GO Nav App. Clearly the link I gave shows that TT offer traffic for the countries you refer to for their PND units. It will be interesting what someone from TT advises. Is it possible that the App is not offered in those countries hence they are not listed..

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,608 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi there @Marek_MkZ

The public FAQ link you posted above contains the list of countries for which the Go Navigation has Traffic & Speed Camera coverage. I'm checking with the team about the missing countries from the list.

To answer your 2nd question, we do not have any plans to implement the reporting features of AmiGO onto the GO Navigation app. However, you can always use the free AmiGO app in overlay mode in conjunction with the GO Navigation app.

Regards, lampard
    Hi. Thank You for your answer. I'm looking forward to read about good news about traffic.

Regarding 2nd answer - that's a pity. For me it make no sense to have two app opened and eating resources only to have the more advanced reporting possibilities. Especially that for reporting with AmiGO I need to jump from Nav to Ami app and back or have the latter opened in overlay mode which covers somehow navigation screen - both solutions are quite annoying and strictly speaking useless during driving. So I have to stay with reporting speed cameras only.
    It seems that TTG has now access to all traffic data. I've discovered that accidentally, observing route preview in HR with no GPS data. Also checked in SLO and BIH. Great job and great news. For me it's one of the most important features of navigation software (accurate maps, routing and traffic data)