i am trying update my sat nav start 50/5 but i am told i need to to install the Navcore update. — TomTom Community

i am trying update my sat nav start 50/5 but i am told i need to to install the Navcore update.

i am trying update my sat nav start 50/5 but i am told i need to to install the Navcore update. how and where can i find it?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,456
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @cristianamanuel
    welcome to the site...
    The Start 50/55 is a NAV4 device.....
    A new version of MyDrive Connect has been released... Update MyDrive Connect... Or install the latest version....
    See.... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1130566/a-new-version-of-mydrive-connect-released

Tomtom Video... How to update your device using MyDrive Connect

Important....
    NEVER have a Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... Installing MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program

Having your device connected can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are mandatory and force ticked by Tomtom....
    The NavCore updates are always 1st on the list, the MapShare files etc are near the top of the list and also force ticked by Tomtom and the mandatory items cannot be deselected....

Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM