Is there a TomTom + DASHCAM yet? — TomTom Community

Is there a TomTom + DASHCAM yet?

corconxcorconx Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited January 6 in Travel lounge
I have just read a 2 year old thread now closed without an answer

Is there now as 2021 starts such a machine available? Ideally for me with a 7” screen in Go Camper.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,837
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @corconx

No such option is available.

Doug
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,448
    Superusers
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    It has lifetime Maps
    qnqa3lfx6kau.png

You can enlarge the pic if you open it with a rightclick
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @John-Jay

The picture in the post from Lochfrass is from the UK website and was there when I looked a minute ago. It also mentions that map updates will also be available for the useful life of the unit. This later comment is probably being made as whilst the year 2035 is stated the current units are displaying a year but when they have reached that year the updates have been continued and the year changed to a later one. The change of Lifetime description is because some said that they took it to mean their lifetime not the TT units lifetime.

Doug
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @corconx

If you select any of the 4 Camper specific maps available for download on the GO Camper then in Settings you can input the dimensional/weight details of the vehicle you are using if you have selected Car and Caravan, Light Camper (up to 3500kg) or Heavy Camper. With any of the 3 Camper vehicles selected then the unit creates routes suitable for the units. However even with any of these 4 maps selected you can select the vehicle type as a Car in Settings then it will create a route based on the vehicle being a car. So for example you could select the Europe Camper Map and then depending on what vehicle type you have selected , including Car only, the unit will create the appropriate route. It is important then that whenever you are using the GO Camper you are sure what vehicle type has been selected in Settings. .

All the other maps that would also be available for download if you require them are Car based so if selected one of those maps you cannot input Camper or Caravan details and any route created is Car based.

Doug
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    No idea which link you are using.
    This is the one from the TomTom Homepage after I changed it at the bottom from German to United Kingdom.

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/camper-gps-sat-nav/

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @corconx

No such option is available.

Doug
  • corconxcorconx Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Good day Doug, I see there is a seasonal offer on the Camper today, can you confirm or deny if TomTom offer lifetime updates of maps please, as I don't see it, and what I did see was £49+ for 3 updates....

Carol
    Superusers
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    It has lifetime Maps
    qnqa3lfx6kau.png

You can enlarge the pic if you open it with a rightclick
    Superuser
    Hi @corconx

As @Lochfrass has posted the GO Camper comes with lifetime maps. I would add that the GO Camper comes with 4 Camper Specific maps with the addition of some Camper specific POI files. You also have the ability to download any of the Tomtom Maps for Cars that they publish which also have lifetime updates but note that if you select them as the map in use then you cannot input the Camper details as they are Maos for Cars only.

Doug
  • corconxcorconx Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Are you saying Doug that you can use the maps for a Motorhome but you need to change vehicle’s setting to car? But could change back to mh afterwards.

That whilst using a tour it would therefore not take into consideration anything to do with size/weight? (I expected that) but unsure whether one actually needs to change to car settings?

Carol
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 725 [Revered Pioneer]
    @Lochfrass ,

Interestingly, I've just checked the UK TomTom Site for the details of the TomTom GO Camper - it does NOT mention anything about Lifetime Updates!
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @John-Jay

The picture in the post from Lochfrass is from the UK website and was there when I looked a minute ago. It also mentions that map updates will also be available for the useful life of the unit. This later comment is probably being made as whilst the year 2035 is stated the current units are displaying a year but when they have reached that year the updates have been continued and the year changed to a later one. The change of Lifetime description is because some said that they took it to mean their lifetime not the TT units lifetime.

Doug
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 725 [Revered Pioneer]
    Hi, @DougLap ,

968m3nfdf2ug.jpg

Just checked again - still can't see any mention of Lifetime Map Updates!!

NB:- It does mention that updates are via WiFi, but NOT whether these are free or NOT!

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @corconx

If you select any of the 4 Camper specific maps available for download on the GO Camper then in Settings you can input the dimensional/weight details of the vehicle you are using if you have selected Car and Caravan, Light Camper (up to 3500kg) or Heavy Camper. With any of the 3 Camper vehicles selected then the unit creates routes suitable for the units. However even with any of these 4 maps selected you can select the vehicle type as a Car in Settings then it will create a route based on the vehicle being a car. So for example you could select the Europe Camper Map and then depending on what vehicle type you have selected , including Car only, the unit will create the appropriate route. It is important then that whenever you are using the GO Camper you are sure what vehicle type has been selected in Settings. .

All the other maps that would also be available for download if you require them are Car based so if selected one of those maps you cannot input Camper or Caravan details and any route created is Car based.

Doug
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    No idea which link you are using.
    This is the one from the TomTom Homepage after I changed it at the bottom from German to United Kingdom.

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/camper-gps-sat-nav/
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,058
    Superusers
    edited January 4
    Hi
    See UK Site... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/camper-gps-sat-nav/

To enlarge image... Right Click on Image & Select View image....
    Click on the browser 'Back button' to return....
    gib02ixa9lek.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM