How to recover original Canada-US map? — TomTom Community

How to recover original Canada-US map?

While trying an update, I lost the original Canada-US map loaded on my old TomTom One-XL. Can you help me recover it? It's not in my computer, although the Western Europe I bought 5 years ago, is. Thank you.
gA

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,847
    Superuser
    Hi @realty

Hopefully when @VikramK or @lampard will sort out the map so you can reload it. Keep an eye out here to see what they have to say when they are back on the forum

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,704 Moderator
    Hi @realty

Welcome to the community! A map has been activated for your TomTom. Please check for updates in TomTom HOME.

Regards, Vikram
  • realtyrealty Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Vikram, I still have a problem, please help. When I try to update, I am notified that my device is up to date. However, when I try to use it I am notified that 'no map is loaded'. Is ther something I can try?

My device, I believe, has 500Mb original memory, but I have installed a 2Gb SD card.
    gA
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,704 Moderator
    Hi @realty
    Try a clean reinstallation of TomTom HOME - https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013901520

If you have a back-up of the map stored on the computer please delete it. Now remove any existing maps on the device using TomTom HOME and then check for fresh updates.

Regards, Vikram
    Thank you for helping with this issue, Vikram. I followed your instructions and performed installation of the new map. After approx. 10 hours, I was notified of successful completion. However, I cannot get the 'drum roll' to start the gps and TomTom Home. I can't get connection to my computer. Please advice.
    gA
    Anyone in the forume that can help with this problem, please? I installed MyDrive Connect and it didn't help. Could this be an issue? Thank you.
    gA
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,847
    Superuser
    Hi @realty

@VikramK advised you to download TomTom HOME which is the software used with the older Tomtom units. If that is the software needed for your unit it will not be recognised by My Drive Connect software.

Lets see of @VikramK can see from the logs for your unit on the Tomtom servers why you have the issue after following his advice.

Doug
  • Andrew_RG40Andrew_RG40 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi there - I just inherited an old Tom Tom XL 350 - with US/Canada Maps as we are planning on visiting Canada to visit daughter ( once the lockdowns are finished. ) . I installed TomTom Home ( obsolete device ) and ran the available updates. Now I am getting the error message as above - "You cannot use thie map on this device: USA_Canada-101100". As this is an old map version ( as expected) I assume one of the other updates has messed up device. Is there a way to retrieve the device please.