Small map — TomTom Community

Small map

LonerangerLoneranger Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]

Small map needed for GO 600 locked in loop
Updated my GO 600 but map is corrupted and constantly tries to update, I can see 'uninstall' and 'repair' in MyDrive, but they don't highlight so that I can click them, it just goes straight into updating.
Guessing if I can install the small map (less than my 487mb remaining memory) I might regain control.
Is it available freely and if so where? Or, does it have to be sent to my account by an admin?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,470
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @Loneranger
    Welcome to the site....
    The early NAV4 devices Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 9GB
    @VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators wili pick this up after the Christmas break and add a small Map to the Account to get past the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Also see Vikram's post... NO Maps Found....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121560/tomtom-no-maps-found

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,923 Moderator
    Hi @Loneranger
    Welcome to the community! A small map has been activated for your TomTom. Please ensure that you delete the HOME3 folder located here first-
    C:\Users\'Your username'\AppData\Local\TomTom
    before you start a fresh update.

Thanks, Vikram
  • LonerangerLoneranger Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Thanks @VikramK , speedy reply from you was appreciated. Managed to find the Home3 folder and delete it, but my new small map is too large for my free memory space and the old corrupted map won't uninstall as that will leave no maps at all installed.
    The new map you sent was about 800mb, I only had about 400mb free, but that's gone down to 200mb (in the white writing screen) after I did a factory restore. The header in 'my content' says I have zero memory so, is there a way I can uninstall the corrupted map?
    I am leaving on my trip this morning so will probably have to see if I can go online somewhere whilst I'm travelling and keep trying to get the TomTom working.
    Thanks, Geoff