Small map needed for GO 600 locked in loop — TomTom Community

Small map needed for GO 600 locked in loop

Updated my GO 600 but map is corrupted and constantly tries to update, I can see 'uninstall' and 'repair' in MyDrive, but they don't highlight so that I can click them, it just goes straight into updating.
Guessing if I can install the small map (less than my 487mb remaining memory) I might regain control.
Is it available freely and if so where? Or, does it have to be sent to my account by an admin?

Answers

• schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 267 [Exalted Navigator]
    You are in an Android Go Navigation app forum. I'd factory reset the device. A quick search had this:

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013898320-How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-device-
  • rockytop9rockytop9 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    This is the most unfriendly user site that I have ever visited. Chunking my TomTom device into the trash. Support couldn't even get it to update. Going to Garmin or something else. This is crazy. Updates should happen via Satellite as a normal course of things. Customers that purchase an update should not have to struggle with this crap in order to get their updates.
  • lneamlneam Posts: 80 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    rockytop9 wrote: »
    This is the most unfriendly user site that I have ever visited. Chunking my TomTom device into the trash. Support couldn't even get it to update. Going to Garmin or something else. This is crazy. Updates should happen via Satellite as a normal course of things. Customers that purchase an update should not have to struggle with this crap in order to get their updates.

consumers are completely ignorant of technology. They do not know the capabilities of the device they bought, the cost needed for what they are asking for, or whether this product is on the market from other companies.

• lneamlneam Posts: 80 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    unfortunately I do not know English, I use google translate. in the previous text (post), after the copy paste, the first word was lost

some .... consumers are completely ........
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,215
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @rockytop9
    This is the most unfriendly user site that I have ever visited. Chunking by TomTom device into the rubbish
    This is a Tomtom User Forum where Tomtom users share information and help each other....
    (The Forum is overseen by Tomtom Staff)
    It's not clear from your post whether own a dedicated Satnav Device (TomTom device into the rubbish) or from your Profile (Mobile App 17572424281) a Tomtom App on a Smartphone....
    If you are willing to say which Tomtom device you are tying to update and the problems you are having maybe we can help ???
    Support couldn't even get it to update. Going to Ga*m*n or something else. This is crazy. Updates should happen via satellite as a normal course of things. Customers that purchase an update should not have to struggle with this crap in order to get their updates.
    Updating via satellite would be impractical/impossible....
    The satellites are in almost circular orbits approximately 20 000 km above the surface of the Earth, why would you want to update the device by attempting to connect by a satellite dish/link to a satellite located 20 000 km away, when the latest Tomtom dedicated PND devices or a Tomtom Smartphone App, will both connect and update over Wi-Fi only a few feet away ???

Stay safe... ATB YFM