GO 6200 crashing instead of going to sleep — TomTom Community

GO 6200 crashing instead of going to sleep

HI, My GO 6200 has been a rock solid device, but since upgrading to Application version 20.100.0001.411 when the device loses power it no longer sleeps, it sits there flashing the TomTom start up screen until the battery runs out or power is restored. If I put it to sleep with power on, the device behaves normally.
I have tried a factory reset, which has not helped.
Is there a way of rolling back to a previous version of the app with this device please?

Thanks
Rich

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Rich7K

My next try would be to do a factory reset on the unit. Before doing this go to the My Drive Website and log into your account to check that all your My Places, Poi and Route files are saved there. If they are then:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tam Reset Device.

This will not affect the Operating Software of Map versions on the unit. Once done you will have to set the unit up as you did when first out of the box.

If that does not resolve the issue then the next step is to Recover the device. See the following:-

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

The tricky bit is the 3 Tap timing.

Doug

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,272
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Rich7K
    Welcome to the site... Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the device's Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

Stay safe,,, ATB YFM
  • Rich7KRich7K Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for the suggestion, but no, it doesn't fix the issue.
    The only workaround I have at the moment is to put the device to sleep prior to power being removed.
    Superuser
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Rich7K

My next try would be to do a factory reset on the unit. Before doing this go to the My Drive Website and log into your account to check that all your My Places, Poi and Route files are saved there. If they are then:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tam Reset Device.

This will not affect the Operating Software of Map versions on the unit. Once done you will have to set the unit up as you did when first out of the box.

If that does not resolve the issue then the next step is to Recover the device. See the following:-

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

The tricky bit is the 3 Tap timing.

Doug
    Thanks for your advice Doug. Yes, getting the taps just right was a bit tricky and took a few gos.
    Sadly the device is failing still after the recovery.
    If there is any futher advice, it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Rich
    Superuser
    Hi @Rich7K

Lets see what @VikramK or @lampard recommend. as it does not sound like a software issue if it s still persisting. Look back here tomorrow.

Doug
    Thank you.

Regards
    Rich
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,653 Moderator
    @Rich7K

Hi Rich

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram