How long should a TomTom Go 620 last before it dies ? — TomTom Community

How long should a TomTom Go 620 last before it dies ?

In July 2018 I purchased a 6" TomTom Go 620 directly from TomTom (Australia)
Today (Christmas day 2020) it has simply died on me
I also have (wife's car) a 6" TomTom Go purchased form a retailer in 2014 ... and that one is still going strong
Whilst I appreciate the warranty is only 12 months ... would have hoped for more than two and a half years life from the 2018 model
Have others experienced the same ?

Best Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,736
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Charge the device about 2hours with a smartphone charger, and then press the on button about 30 seconds.
    I hope that will bring it back to life
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,266
    Superusers
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @John_Leitch_2020
    I also have (wife's car) a 6" TomTom Go purchased from a retailer in 2014 ... and that one is still going strong
    Whilst I appreciate the warranty is only 12 months ... would have hoped for more than two and a half year's life from the 2018 model
    [Color-red]Have others experienced the same ?[/color]
    'NO' in fact the complete opposite... I have 8 various Tomtom models dating from the 12/05/2011 + A much earlier NAV2 Start model that I was recently given....
    All 9 in perfect working order :)

As Lochfrass says Try Pressing the on button for about 30 seconds until you hear the Drumroll sound then release the power button

Merry Christmas Stay Safe... YFM

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,736
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Charge the device about 2hours with a smartphone charger, and then press the on button about 30 seconds.
    I hope that will bring it back to life
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,266
    Superusers
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @John_Leitch_2020
    I also have (wife's car) a 6" TomTom Go purchased from a retailer in 2014 ... and that one is still going strong
    Whilst I appreciate the warranty is only 12 months ... would have hoped for more than two and a half year's life from the 2018 model
    [Color-red]Have others experienced the same ?[/color]
    'NO' in fact the complete opposite... I have 8 various Tomtom models dating from the 12/05/2011 + A much earlier NAV2 Start model that I was recently given....
    All 9 in perfect working order :)

As Lochfrass says Try Pressing the on button for about 30 seconds until you hear the Drumroll sound then release the power button

Merry Christmas Stay Safe... YFM
  • John_Leitch_2020John_Leitch_2020 Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Many thanks to those who guided me to initially "charge" the TomTom via my Phone Charger (for approx 2 hours) then "press and hold the ON button" (for approx 30 seconds)
    Appears to have worked ... community support appreciated
    Cheers, John