Connect GO 5200 with mydriveconnect — TomTom Community

Connect GO 5200 with mydriveconnect

Dear people,
I bought the system from somebody else, since mine was stolen.
I got the account (name + pw) from the former user.
The first question:
I can succesfully login to the account on the GO5200. When I start Mydrive connect on the PC, I can login to the same account. When I try to add the Tomtom, it tells me to connect the Tomtom and login. Then click Continue. But then the same window comes back: “Wil je dit system toevoegen” – do you want to add this system. I can’t go past this window.
If this works I can update the maps. But what I’d rather do, hence my second question below.
The second question is:
How can I change the account? I would like to use my own emailadres + password.

Thanks a lot! (Answer in Dutch, if possible).

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,748
    Superuser
    edited December 2020
    Hi @Iosje

All you need to do is do a factory Reset on the unit then input your own TT account details. The mapping and lifetime warranties etc are tied to the serial number so they will be still be valid when you have changed the account details in it.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

When you input your own account details any My Places, Routes and 3rd party POI files you have saved in the account from the old unit , should it have used My Drive, will be added to your new unit.

Het enige dat u hoeft te doen, is een fabrieksreset op het apparaat uitvoeren en vervolgens uw eigen TT-accountgegevens invoeren. De toewijzing en levenslange garanties enz. Zijn gekoppeld aan het serienummer, zodat ze nog steeds geldig zijn wanneer u de accountgegevens erin hebt gewijzigd.

Tik op Menu
    Tik op Instellingen
    Tik op Systeem
    Tik op Apparaat resetten

Als u uw eigen accountgegevens invoert, worden Mijn plaatsen, routes en POI-bestanden van derden die u in het account van de oude unit hebt opgeslagen, indien deze My Drive had gebruikt, aan uw nieuwe unit toegevoegd.

Doug
  • IosjeIosje Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks a lot! That works.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,748
    Superuser
    Hi @Iosje

Glad you are sorted.

Doug