Traffic not working — TomTom Community

Traffic not working

I have a Go 6200 wifi. For the past 6 weeks my device lose GPS connection mid way through a journey. It starts fine and then loses connection after 20 minutes or so regardless of where im heading.

I had a similar issue 12 months ago and had to send my device to TomTom for a repair. This time round they are saying it's a known issue and repairing the device or buying a new one won't make any difference.

This has been going on for weeks now and tomtom's response is shockingly poor. Anyone else in the same situiation?

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,903
    Superuser
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi @SeanScott

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard can review their records to see what information they have about the problem and can advise what the situation is. Look back here later.

Doug

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,903
    Superuser
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi @SeanScott

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard can review their records to see what information they have about the problem and can advise what the situation is. Look back here later.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,906 Moderator
    Hi @SeanScott

Could you send me the incident/ticket number for your contact with the customer service- through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • SeanScottSeanScott Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    HI @VikramK

I have messaged you the number.

Thanks,
    Sean.
  • SeanScottSeanScott Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Still no fix after 6 weeks. Touch screeen has now stopped working as well and a restore did not work. Stilll no offer from Customer Service to take the device in for repair, instead just the same copy and paste reply to my emails "Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Firstly, my apologies that the issue has not been resolved before now. We are yet to fix the issue and are still working on finding a solution".

Never thought I'd say this but after 15 years as a TomTom customer I think it's time to purchase a Garmin.