No maps on Mazda NB1 — TomTom Community

No maps on Mazda NB1

Conleth_magee123Conleth_magee123 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited February 22 in Built in car navigation
Hi 6 months ago my built in Tom tom sat nav in the car froze when i started my journey. I restarted my car and it said that no maps were found. I installed Tom Tom Home and updated the maps but it it did not resolve the issue. After a number of months I have come back to try and fix this error again. Now I have an additional issue. When opening the Tomtom Home it tries to install a critical update I have left this to run for over an hour. The download bar looks complete but the update doesn't progress. I have reinstall Tomtom Home but still face the same issue.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,909 Moderator
    edited December 2020
    Hi @Conleth_magee123

Welcome to the community!
    The 'critical update' error in TomTom HOME software indicates an installation error.
    A clean reinstallation should fix the problem. Please see the steps here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013901760

Further, I have also reactivated the map for your TomTom. Once the clean reinstallation of TomTom HOME is completed please check for updates. A fresh map should be offered as a download.

Regards, Vikram
  • Conleth_magee123Conleth_magee123 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have reinstalled Tomtom Home and it does not prompt me for the critical update now. However when I go to the 'Update My Device' it states; No Device connected. I have inserted the memory card and it is visible as a new drive in 'This PC'. (windows 10) Any further help would be greatly appreciated.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,909 Moderator
    Hi @Conleth_magee123
    Could you try the troubleshooting steps advised in our article here, please?

Regards, Vikram
  • Conleth_magee123Conleth_magee123 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you, the above link worked, but I still have the problem of no maps found error. https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013961459 I have followed this link for help. When I try and remove the map overlays in order to re-download them (using Tom Tom home and manage devices) it states that it was unable to back up because it couldn't create a zip file.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,972
    Superuser
    Hi @Conleth_magee123

It will be Monday before @VikramK eill be back.

Doug