Problem is TOMTOM app — TomTom Community

Problem is TOMTOM app

VinigandoVinigando Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
Hi all
I installed the app into my in-car dash system and it worked fine but not the voice is very low and I cannot find in the settings how to increase the volume. If I turn the car stereo up then the radio is too loud.
Is there a way to adjust the volume within the app itself?
thanks!

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,210 Moderator
    Hi there @Vinigando

Welcome to the Community! The app has not been designed or tested for use with Android head units, so we can't guarantee that it will work with your current set up.
    The volume slider is removed and on mobile phones, you have easy access to the volume slider (physical volume buttons) which serves the same purpose. So try increasing the volume from the button on your in-dash car system.

Regards, lampard
  • iojiioji Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    lampard wrote: »
    you have easy access to the volume slider (physical volume buttons) which serves the same purpose. So try increasing the volume from the button on your in-dash car system.
    Regards, lampard

Yes, true, but if you want to listen music with your phone or tablet until TT has something to say, the music is to loud or TT is to low, never the same because there is just one button for two different things. It would be useful a volume slider inside TT, independent from the main volume button. Just a suggestion...
  • grofgrof Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited January 2
    Why not just make it 'right'! Google maps is the same volume as music as voice calls, as is everything else. Turn up/down the device everything goes up/down together, makes perfect sense. Yet the TomTom app is about half the volume as everything else! Why? When would you ever want a situation where the voice commands from a sat nav were so faint you couldn't hear them. I'm sorry to say unless I'm missing a setting, it seems like typical TT.... so close but yet so far.....

I used the eco route today. What is that all about? Spent most of the time bouncing down roads full of road humps and doing hairpin bends. Had to stop after 15 mins and put it back to fastest.
    Eco doesn't mean "economic" but "ecologic" or scenic, i guess a way that is not the fastest way but that has beautiful scenery, for tourists that aren't in a hurry...
    edited January 3
    The manual says this:

Eco route - the most fuel-efficient route for your journey.

But unfortunately wasn't the case. Just loads of residential streets with road humps - surely not the most economical.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,184 [Revered Voyager]
    ioji wrote: »
    Eco doesn't mean "economic" but "ecologic" or scenic, i guess a way that is not the fastest way but that has beautiful scenery, for tourists that aren't in a hurry...
    No, it has nothing to do with pretty scenery. TomTom uses the word "Eco" to mean "Fuel efficient". See: http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/via_1420_1425_1520_1525_1620_1625/html/en-us/index.htm#Typesofroute.htm

Well than, i guess it wasn't the most fuel-efficient route...This is messed up big time...
    Sadly, another own goal by TT. Why are they so hell-bent on self destruction. I'm desperate for it to work properly! Happy to pay for it too. Just need it to work!!