How do I delete favorites off the device? — TomTom Community

How do I delete favorites off the device?

GeordieTNGeordieTN Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
edited December 2020 in MyDrive Connect
I have a GO 620. I created an .OV2 file of six favorites, uploaded it to MyDrive on the web and then let it sync. On the device, I have the six new favorites, plus every address I have ever had as a favorite. I expected the sync to overwrite, but it appears to just add.

Nowhere on the 620 can I find an option to delete a favorite. How can I delete them?

Best Answer

• GeordieTNGeordieTN Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Well, it's not what we thought. I found that after clearing everything and adding the favorites that I still got all I had ever had. So I took it back a step and started a completely new OV2 file and everything worked fine. I assume that when I had been deleting POIs it didn't actually delete them, but left them orphaned in the file to be loaded at any time.

Thanks for your help

Answers

Thank you for the quick response.

I do not have the original OV2 files that set up all these favorites. They do not show on the map on MyDrive.Tomtom.com; the only file I have is the one containing new favorites. After syncing the 620 shows all favorites, which are mostly hanging out there with no way to get to them. I really need to reset just that part of the 620
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,733
    Superusers
    Sorry, I do not understand the question completely.
    Do you want to delete the Faforites with the Star icon zcyv9ofp187c.png

Or do you want to delere an entry of the Poi list that you uploaded?
    My bad. I want to delete locations on the device that were once uploaded in an OV2 file as favorites, but do not exists in the current OV2 files that I am using.

Basically, I want to delete all favorites off the device so that I can start again, but they are not in an uploaded file For example, I had a restaurant near me uploaded as a favorite last year which has not been uploaded since. How do I delete it on the device?
    I think I have the solution. If I perform "Clear Data" from MyDrive, it will delete all routes, favorites and OV2 files off the device, and then I can start again from scratch
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,733
    Superusers
    Yepp.
    It should do the same as deleting only the faforites or poi lists as shown in the first post.
    Accepted Answer
    Well, it's not what we thought. I found that after clearing everything and adding the favorites that I still got all I had ever had. So I took it back a step and started a completely new OV2 file and everything worked fine. I assume that when I had been deleting POIs it didn't actually delete them, but left them orphaned in the file to be loaded at any time.

Thanks for your help
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,266
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @GeordieTN
    A .OV2 file is a POI Category....
    Unlike the early NAV2 & NAV3 devices the later/latest NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices do not have an option to edit .OV2 POI Categories directly on the device or using MyDrive Web Route planner... The .OV2 POI Category can be downloaded/saved from the MDW Route planner to your PC and edited using a 3rd party POI editor then reinstall the .OV2 file to the MDW Route planner....

To save the .OV2 POI Category....
    Using the MyDrive Web Route Planner....
    Click on MyPlaces --> POI files
    Click in the Download Arrow

068v3rio1cf6.jpg
    On the MDW Route Planner a small window opens (Screen bottom left)
    Click on the file name
    Click on Show in folder button....

hpj1tn9xcjaz.jpg
    Stay Safe ATB YFM