No room in original SD card on Carminat Live — TomTom Community

No room in original SD card on Carminat Live

juampi_e_un21juampi_e_un21 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited December 2020 in Built in car navigation
Hello, I would like some help or a link where I can find the answer, because I've just purchased a new western europe map, cause I have only Italy, but the new map doesn't fit on the SD original card. For what I know, I should purchase a new SD card no bigger than 32 Gb and install it on it, is this correct?
Thank you for the answer and I beg you pardon for my english.. JP.

Best Answer

• rotproof1rotproof1 Posts: 33 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Accepted Answer
    @juampi_e_un21 For TomTom Carminat just:
    1. buy new SD Card (16 gb is enough and better not buy 32 gb, they may not work well in this unit)
    2. Format this card to FAT32
    3. Insert new card into the unit
    4. After 1-2 minutes - use menu to remove SD card from unit and take it with you
    5. Start TomTom Home2 application and insert SD card into the PC
    6. Follow instructions - install new map, voices, cameras

Alternatively after step 2 copy contents of your old card to new card but still need to do steps 3-6 so unit will properly recognize it

Answers

• rotproof1rotproof1 Posts: 33 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Accepted Answer
    @juampi_e_un21 For TomTom Carminat just:
    1. buy new SD Card (16 gb is enough and better not buy 32 gb, they may not work well in this unit)
    2. Format this card to FAT32
    3. Insert new card into the unit
    4. After 1-2 minutes - use menu to remove SD card from unit and take it with you
    5. Start TomTom Home2 application and insert SD card into the PC
    6. Follow instructions - install new map, voices, cameras

Alternatively after step 2 copy contents of your old card to new card but still need to do steps 3-6 so unit will properly recognize it
  • juampi_e_un21juampi_e_un21 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I’ll try to do it in this days, if everything work well, I’ll answer the question with “yes”. Thanks for the help @rotproof1