TomTom GO 5100 - Lifetime Map/Camera subscription — TomTom Community

TomTom GO 5100 - Lifetime Map/Camera subscription

When I purchased my TomTom GO 5100 sat nav, I was told that the purchase price includes a "lifetime" map/speed camera subscription.

This week, I have received an email from TomTom that latest maps won't be compatible with my TomTom model and that I should buy a new device in order to keep updated.

What happened to the promise of a "LIFETIME" subscription?
Please advise.

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,972
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @orcamaus

Does not apply to a GO5100 unit. Did you have an earlier model which you no longer use. Either way ignore.

The GO5100 is still covered by Lifetime maps. Should you at any stage stop getting them offered then come back here and we can get one of the Mods to check your units settings on the TT servers.

Doug

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,972
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @orcamaus

Does not apply to a GO5100 unit. Did you have an earlier model which you no longer use. Either way ignore.

The GO5100 is still covered by Lifetime maps. Should you at any stage stop getting them offered then come back here and we can get one of the Mods to check your units settings on the TT servers.

Doug
  • PeabeauPeabeau Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    The Traffic feature does not appear to be working and was wondering if I had made an incorrect setting. I am in Australia. Thanks for any help.