Client Supprt - Live Chat - eMails — TomTom Community

Client Supprt - Live Chat - eMails

I simply cannot find the TomTom Live Chat option anywhere - all they offer is talking to a machine (a "bot") that does not understand complex questions.

Live chats can be offered from home which is why I do not understand TomTom's excuse "COVID-19" for not providing any personal customer service anymore.

According to another thread, the TomTom live chat is "available during normal office office hours" (whatever that means) - but when I tried to access the website today, on a Friday afternoon at 16:15 UK time, there was no chat option at all!

I have also tried to contact TomTom Support via email - but apart from an automated reply confirming that TomTom has received my messages I have not heard from anyone in person.

Please advise how to get in touch with TomTom and actually talk to a real person, a member of the support team.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    Hi @orcamaus

Try the following on Monday :-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

Doug
  • orcamausorcamaus Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Hi Doug
    Many thanks for your immediate reply.
    Sadly, that does not work.

I have clicked on "Support" as advised, followed by the "Contact us" button bottom right.
    The Chat window apears, but 2/3 of it is covered by the "Cookies accept/decline" pop-up window.

And no matter if I click "accept" or "decline", both pop-ups (Chat window as well as Cookie window) disappear and I am back on "square 1", namely this discussions site.
    By the way, the same also happens after onle a couple of seconds (!) in case I ignore the "cookie advice window".

Please help...
  • orcamausorcamaus Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    gvht2fyf2dw9.jpg
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    Hi @orcamaus

Try another Web Browser.

Doug