5100 won’t restore should I bin it !? — TomTom Community

5100 won’t restore should I bin it !?

After upgrading my Tom Tom I decided to sell my 5100, removed memory card and realised it had Asia maps installed, tried to swap to Europe and it threw a wobbler, says connect to computer, restores to 100%, then restarts and the same thing starts all over again ! It won’t do anything else, tried 2 pc’s, still the same, was promised some software update would help but nothing seems different, was it even sent Vikram ?

Can anyone help or should I just bin it, shame as it was working great and has been all over the world with us 😢😢

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,215
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @DaveBenson68
    The early NAV4 devices Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 9GB
    @VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators pick this type of problem and add a small Map to the Account to get past the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,581 Moderator
    Hi @DaveBenson68

The device has the latest maps and software so don't see any issues there. Also, it comes with world maps so smaller maps can be added.
    The restore process going in a loop seems to an issue that is already reported to our team.

Could you also report this to our customer service team, please?

Thanks, VIkram