Server busy error on Smart Media Connect - Page 3 — TomTom Community

Server busy error on Smart Media Connect

Answers

• whitewaterwhitewater Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I've been speaking to TomTom directly and they have told me that...

I really appreciate for the time and efforts you have spent to send us the required information.

I have now discussed this issue with our 2nd line technical team and we do have same issue reported by some other customers as well. Based on this we have created a ticket to be investigated on this and forwarded it to the developers.

Our developers are actively looking into this issue impacting some owners of some TomTom devices. I regret that at this time they have not determined the underlying cause and cannot therefore give me any reference point on when they will have the issue fixed.

We continue to investigate the issue and look forward to pushing an update via Smart Media Connect to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

In the interim please accept my sincere apologies for any and all frustrations incurred.

With Kind Regards
    well that is super that you can't give a reference point - so I pushed a bit...

This issue is currently being investigated on high priority and probably will be solved in coming update of Smart Media Connect software.

You can check for updates in next 7-10 business days.

Please do let me know if you require any further help in future and I will be more than happy to help you.

Thank you once again for your valuable time and for giving me an opportunity to assist you.

Have a great time ahead! Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy and Healthy New year 2021!

With Kind Regards

You can be assured I will be checking in with you in 7 days, and very, very frequently after that!! ;)
  • ncasalinoncasalino Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited January 20
    Thank you @whitewater for your engagement.

They have to solve the problem server side (TomTom maps update alignment servers) or client side (Smart Media Connect software).

The problem is going from almost 2 months and several several Smart 453 cars owners cannot update their maps (including me that payed the update service).
    agree @ncasalino - I want to update the maps in the Smart (which admittedly I've owned from new since 2015 and never updated so I suppose there is no rush now!) but living in London the roads change so much that I have found myself caught out a few times.

I have also bought the update service and I would actually like to use something which I have paid for - what a strange concept that is! :p
  • Dougster73Dougster73 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same issue, tomtom not interested in fixing it either, can't get a reply to my emails etc, when I check error issues in Windows 10 for smart media connect compatibility it shows programme compatible with vista, xp, Windows 7, 8 etc but not Windows 10, could this be part of the issue?, I can't update maps I've paid for, I don't have any English voices as they didn't install on last attempt so I now have maps that aren't updated and I can't update my voices so can't use my integrated hands free voice control as it requires an English voice and can't use voices for satnav either as I only have 3 foreign voices loaded, when I try to update the sd card all I get is servers busy all the time, Tomtom should be embarrassed
  • rotproof1rotproof1 Posts: 34 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Nothing changed, still facing the issue
  • imoboimobo Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited February 2
    Hi guys, I'm new here, writing from Italy. It's been now weeks since I won't be able to use my Smart Media Connect since it constantly gives back the "Server Busy" error. I've performed many clean reinstall but no way to fix it.

Additionally, my lifetime Eropean Map appears, on the online profile, to be expired, which deleted also the map on sd card.

So now I'm left without map and without any possibility to at least reinstall the previous version.

Any help?

Thanks
  • ApprenticeApprentice Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Just to chime in, I also have this issue. Paid a lot of money for a map upgrade but cannot perform this. Trading standards would be interested in this case I reckon.
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,240 [Revered Pioneer]

request reimbursement

• DanielebDanieleb Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited February 2
    26 gen 2021, 09:08 CET
    Dear Daniele Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Service. I will be happy to help you today. The reference number for your request is ........ I am sorry that the problem persists. I inform you that the same problem has also been reported by other customers. Based on this, we created a ticket to investigate the issue and forward it to the developers. Our developers are actively investigating this issue that affects some owners of certain devices. At the moment, the cause has not yet been determined and I cannot tell you exactly when a solution to the problem will be found. We will continue to investigate the issue and await an update to resolve it as soon as possible. Once the problem is resolved, you will receive an email informing you. I ask you to click Retry and try to update the device. Also, check after a few hours and see if the error message disappears. I appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any other questions or would like to update me, please do not hesitate to contact me by replying to this email.

Best regards,
    TomTom Customer Service Team

Mod edit: Machine translated from Italian!
  • DanielebDanieleb Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited January 31
    To date, no updates.
    What a disappointment

Mod edit: Machine translated (Italian)
  • GerritVeGerritVe Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited February 1
    It's incredible! 2 months not working for a paid service world wide!! When it is working again Tomtom should give at least a compensation by extending the subscription for free!
  • Michael33Michael33 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    edited February 2
    Hey I can't reset my SD card of my TomTom.
    This is because the servers are too busy for the moment but I have this note for already 2 days.
    Is there something you can do about?
    Trying to update my """Lifetime""" European Map through smart media connect, I got my map deleted and then marked as "expired". Can't even access to Smart Media connect because of the "Server Busy" response. Unbelievable. It's been almost two months now. Reading it's a sistemic problem makes it bittersweet.
    How long do we have to wait till it's fixed!?
  • AngryBirdAngryBird Posts: 57 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    imobo wrote: »
    Trying to update my """Lifetime""" European Map through smart media connect, I got my map deleted and then marked as "expired". Can't even access to Smart Media connect because of the "Server Busy" response. Unbelievable. It's been almost two months now. Reading it's a sistemic problem makes it bittersweet.
    How long do we have to wait till it's fixed!?

There are no "lifetime maps" for Smart Media, it can't be true.
    But the rest is accurate 2 months there is an unresolved issue with people unable to restore/upgrade/download new/old maps or anything on the whole set ofr Smart cars equipped with this Sat Nav.

Customer support is at its lowest level along with the company on this matter
  • AllatseaAllatsea Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Sent 2 emails to Harold Goddijn CEO TomTom in the last couple of weeks asking for help, though I received a return receipt on both occasions nothing else. This just about sums up the attitude at the top! When they look to see where their customers are I hope they look back at this time!
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,042
    Superusers
    Have you a Smart Media device? Than that is a known issue.
  • Michael33Michael33 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have Smart Device
  • BobbiePBobbieP Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    since they have disabled the live services - the navigation system in the Smart is of no value to Tom Tom - you can tell by their lack of Smart Info on their website...
    And after 3 years, it is of no interest to Mercedes either.
    So you just go back and forth.
    The only thing you can do, start all over again, and just buy a new SD Card with Maps on it, and use that.
    I've had the navcore issue since October, brought the maps, got a refund and brought a new SD Card with Maps installed.
  • SMCnirvanaSMCnirvana Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hi all,
    after writing a comment in the german forum two weeks ago, now I found this international forum thread.
    I wonder, whether I should be "happy", that I'm not alone, or I should be shocked, how wretched TomTom acts in this case...
    :-(
    I suggest to everybody to share the link of this forum page to all social networks groups related the Smart 453.
    I already made this in Italian groups, hoping Mercedes and TomTom will wake up and it will shake them out of their torpor.
    After 3 months the situation is absurd!
    Ok, assuming they lied to me about the "lifetime" account, since my SD was erased, how could I at least restore on it the European map to the version prior the expire?
    Is that feasable without using Smart Media Connection?
  • AngryBirdAngryBird Posts: 57 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    imobo wrote: »
    Ok, assuming they lied to me about the "lifetime" account, since my SD was erased, how could I at least restore on it the European map to the version prior the expire?
    Is that feasable without using Smart Media Connection?

no, you need Smart Media connect working... unless you made card backup
    Very bad. I am following also the same server problem on the German pages: https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/1130631/smart-media-connect-server-ausgelastet/p2

What is happening? Smart-Mercedes abandoned TomTom? I am starting to think this. Probably the system/maps royalities were too much higher and they argued.
  • evesteveevesteve Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    BobbieP wrote: »
    since they have disabled the live services - the navigation system in the Smart is of no value to Tom Tom - you can tell by their lack of Smart Info on their website...
    And after 3 years, it is of no interest to Mercedes either.
    So you just go back and forth.
    The only thing you can do, start all over again, and just buy a new SD Card with Maps on it, and use that.
    I've had the navcore issue since October, brought the maps, got a refund and brought a new SD Card with Maps installed.

My Mercedes-Benz dealer here in Canada installed a new SD card in my smart 453 and charged me over $400 for it. But the maps on the new SD card are nearly 4 years old (version 990.xx) ! Although I have tried for several days, my computer cannot update the maps because of this Smart Media Connect server busy problem. I have yet to hear back from the service department about this.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0