Rider 550 compatible Bluetooth spoken directions — TomTom Community

Rider 550 compatible Bluetooth spoken directions

David_HarrissonDavid_Harrisson Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
edited December 2020 in RIDER
Hey all,
I am looking for the easiest way to get the navigation directions come out of a helmet speaker. I am not looking for a full comms set or to connect to my phone. Is there a simple device or hack to achieve this?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,058
    Superusers
    Hi
    @David_Harrisson....
    Maybe Useful....
    See connecting over basic Bluetooth....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1729911/#Comment_1729911

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • David_HarrissonDavid_Harrisson Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks...ill have a look........ I have a little bluetooth speaker that was planning to pull apart and put the speaker in the helmet...... The gps shows that the speaker is paired ok and the speaker indicates with a steady led that it is paired but no sound comes out of the speaker and the gps stops making sound so it appears it "knows" it is paired to the speaker....confused
  • David_HarrissonDavid_Harrisson Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
    Hey Team.....an update on my woes....... my tomtom pairs nicely with my bose headphones and transmits the voice nicely but it wont with the little bluetooth speaker that, to all indications, it pairs with according to the pairing ding and the steady blue light...... why would the tomtom not work with one and not the other?
  • Kat098Kat098 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi I have a tomtom go 5000 and theirs no bluetooth settings road number, can anyone get back to me with some kind of ans because the web sit keeps saying the same thing,enter phone and connect bluetooth!!!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,058
    Superusers
    edited June 6
    Hi
    @Kat098
    Welcome to the site....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) -->
    Are any of the Sound Icons slashed through ???
    Note... The Day/Night screen brightness Icon...
    Should be slashed through....

dy49cl5hc6cc.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM