updates — TomTom Community

updates

millerammilleram Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
I went onto updates and got prompted to chat with someone, she passed me to a technician who rang me and took control of my laptop and after quite a while of watching my cursor moving he told me that my drivers were corrupted and that I needed to purchase from him a super protection package before he could resolve the problem, I refused and ended the call. when I returned onto the tomtom website and looked closely at the page down at the bottom is a disclaimer saying that these people are not tom tom but an independent firm simply trying to part you from your money, has anybody else had this problem?
I then went onto tomtom support and simply installed the updates

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,904
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @milleram

You had definitely connected to a scam site from the beginning. Whilst Tomtom do have a Chat facility they have no Phone line support as many are working from home during the current situation. Also Tomtom do not and never did connect to customers computers to resolve issues.

Glad you are sorted anyway.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Hi @milleram

Glad you spotted the Scam. Could you give some details of the website that you connected too so that the info can be made available to the Tomtom personal who are trying to deal with theses matters.

Doug
  • millerammilleram Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    hello Doug
    as far as I can remember the live chat woman connected me to the technician via my phone no. that she asked for and he had me click on gps support server and then download ultraviewer and then he took over my computer
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @milleram

You had definitely connected to a scam site from the beginning. Whilst Tomtom do have a Chat facility they have no Phone line support as many are working from home during the current situation. Also Tomtom do not and never did connect to customers computers to resolve issues.

Glad you are sorted anyway.

Doug
  • millerammilleram Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    hello Doug
    just a little update, I looked at my call log on my landline and number that rang me was 02039505667