Similar device as my old GO — TomTom Community

Similar device as my old GO

Diane__12Diane__12 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
My TomTom is outdated and cannot be updated anymore. I am considering a new purchase. I have a VW Atlas which allows me to connect my phone for navigation. However, I do not want to use my phone for that purpose. What I would like is a device that I can update via of my computer and plug into my car like my outdated TomTom: serial No. M6xxxxxx71. I would also like the capability of using the device the same way I can use my phone. Do you make anything like that? If so, what do I need to be looking at?

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Best Answer

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,120 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/car-gps-sat-nav/
    the new models lack the feature to add customized poi images.
    latest range have most of the features that were available that were available along with the feature to sync you favorite places using mydrive. almost all the new models now can update using wifi so updates can be loaded without a computer. they consume too much battery so recommended to keep it charging during the drive.
    more information about the devices are available on the webpage link

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,120 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/car-gps-sat-nav/
    the new models lack the feature to add customized poi images.
    latest range have most of the features that were available that were available along with the feature to sync you favorite places using mydrive. almost all the new models now can update using wifi so updates can be loaded without a computer. they consume too much battery so recommended to keep it charging during the drive.
    more information about the devices are available on the webpage link