How do a report a large TomTom error, not just in one location ? — TomTom Community

How do a report a large TomTom error, not just in one location ?

ivanwilsonivanwilson Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited December 2020 in Map quality
In outback NSW, the Kidman Way (Route 87) is sealed all the way between Cobar & Hillston (255km). TomTom thinks that there is an unsealed road on the route & directs a driver to travel an extra 175km via Nyngan & Tottenham. If a driver ignores the longer route & follows The Kidman Way, at Mt Hope, Tom Tom directs the driver off the bitumen & onto a dangerous unsealed goat track for 2km, then back onto the bitumen. I travel this route regularly. Know that TomTom is wrong & have unsuccessfully tried to report it after every upgrade that still contains the same error.

Comments

• ivanwilsonivanwilson Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    How do a report a large TomTom error, not just in one location ?
    In outback NSW, the Kidman Way (Route 87) is sealed all the way between Cobar & Hillston (255km). TomTom thinks that there is an unsealed road on the route & directs a driver to travel an extra 175km via Nyngan & Tottenham. If a driver ignores the longer route & follows The Kidman Way, at Mt Hope, Tom Tom directs the driver off the bitumen & onto a dangerous unsealed goat track for 2km, then back onto the bitumen. I travel this route regularly. Know that TomTom is wrong & have unsuccessfully tried to report it after every upgrade that still contains the same error.
  • AndyG1714AndyG1714 Posts: 71 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    You can report it in tomtom mapshare. Just click on the middle of the path of the road with the problem, then put a comment saying the entire stretch of the road has a problem.
    Thank you Andy, but how do i find mapshare to report this route & potentially dangerous error. Ivan
    I have found TomTom particularly difficult to contact about this error.
    You are the first human to reply to my efforts to report this error over a few years.
    Thank you. TomTom could do with a bit of human contact !!! Ivan
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,029
    Superusers
    Hi Ivan, you can find the tool here: https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/new/mapshare/.
  • ThannBanisThannBanis Posts: 37 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Apple Maps appears to have the correct routing, but I'm only going off of overhead images and routing. Can you give coordinates for the detour?