How do a report a large TomTom error, not just in one location ?

ivanwilson
ivanwilson Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2020 in Map quality
In outback NSW, the Kidman Way (Route 87) is sealed all the way between Cobar & Hillston (255km). TomTom thinks that there is an unsealed road on the route & directs a driver to travel an extra 175km via Nyngan & Tottenham. If a driver ignores the longer route & follows The Kidman Way, at Mt Hope, Tom Tom directs the driver off the bitumen & onto a dangerous unsealed goat track for 2km, then back onto the bitumen. I travel this route regularly. Know that TomTom is wrong & have unsuccessfully tried to report it after every upgrade that still contains the same error.

Comments

• ivanwilson
    Apprentice Traveler
    How do a report a large TomTom error, not just in one location ?
    In outback NSW, the Kidman Way (Route 87) is sealed all the way between Cobar & Hillston (255km). TomTom thinks that there is an unsealed road on the route & directs a driver to travel an extra 175km via Nyngan & Tottenham. If a driver ignores the longer route & follows The Kidman Way, at Mt Hope, Tom Tom directs the driver off the bitumen & onto a dangerous unsealed goat track for 2km, then back onto the bitumen. I travel this route regularly. Know that TomTom is wrong & have unsuccessfully tried to report it after every upgrade that still contains the same error.
  • AndyG1714
    AndyG1714 Registered Users Posts: 74
    Renowned Trailblazer
    You can report it in tomtom mapshare. Just click on the middle of the path of the road with the problem, then put a comment saying the entire stretch of the road has a problem.
  • ivanwilson
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you Andy, but how do i find mapshare to report this route & potentially dangerous error. Ivan
  • ivanwilson
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have found TomTom particularly difficult to contact about this error.
    You are the first human to reply to my efforts to report this error over a few years.
    Thank you. TomTom could do with a bit of human contact !!! Ivan
  • Megalos
    Megalos Posts: 6,093
     Superuser
    Hi Ivan, you can find the tool here: https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/new/mapshare/.
  • ThannBanis
    ThannBanis Registered Users Posts: 39
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Apple Maps appears to have the correct routing, but I'm only going off of overhead images and routing. Can you give coordinates for the detour?