Map Detail change in Rider 500 — TomTom Community

Map Detail change in Rider 500

ArkanomalArkanomal Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
I am trying to get more detailed information on the maps installed in my Rider 500. Specifically, when I zoom in, there are many smaller roads that don't show in the map. Yet, if I record the route and display it on MyDrive, these roads appear. When I look at the route on the Rider 500, it looks as if I've been riding in the midle of nowhere. How can I increase the detail of the maps in Rider 500? I couldn't find any setting for it.

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 337 [Supreme Pioneer]
    the driving veiw on devices are different compared to mydrive. the device mostly will focus on showing you the route on which you are driving depending on the selected view,
    2d/3d
  • ArkanomalArkanomal Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    My problem is that, regardless of the selected view (2d/3d), smaller roads and unpaved roads are not displaying in the map at all.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,457
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @Arkanomal
    The driving view on devices are different compared to Mydrive. The device mostly will focus on showing you the route on which you are driving depending on the selected view,
    2d/3d
    The 2D rotate in direction of travel riding view Map definitely has more information than the 3D Riding view Map....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Guidance View... 2D (In direction of travel)

When riding.... I feel the default Zoom setting i.e.... 'Zoom into next turn' to be useless for a Motorcycle especially in the countryside, where the zoom is equivalent to the view from the International Space Station....

I always Drive/Ride... Guidance view... 2D (In direction of travel)
    Zoom... Based on road type....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Automatic zoom... Based on road type...

If you are Route planning....
    Tap on the Direction of Travel Icon (Above the + & -- Minus Keys )

42dh588wegb9.jpg
    To switch to the North up overview planning Map... Where you can Pinch Zoom and Swipe the map....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM