TomTom Start 52, no audible alerts for speed cameras — TomTom Community

TomTom Start 52, no audible alerts for speed cameras

SPNSPN Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
edited December 2020 in MyDrive Connect
I have subscribed to three months of speed camera updates to try and solve the problem, however still no audible alerts when approaching local fixed cameras that used to give me a beep beep beep sound, all settings are as they should be, sounds and warnings, speed cameras and hazards all set to always, volume full up.

Can anyone help please.

Best Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi @SPN
    Welcome to the community! It does not look like the maps have been installed on your TomTom START 52. I would recommend that you update the maps first using MyDrive Connect. The map version should be v10.60.

Once installed do a factory reset, check for any new speed cameras updates again(MyDrive Connect).

Test the device on a planned route and see check if it alerts you for fixed cameras.

Thanks, Vikram
    ah!! the topic was started as a discussion so you could not see the option to mark the post as answered.

I have changed that now and it should be visible on your side as well. The prompt is just at the bottom of every post/comment.

Thanks, Vikram :)

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,073
    Superusers
    Hi
    @SPN
    Welcome to the site....
    Also Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu)
    Are any 'Sound Icons' slashed through ??? it’s really easy to turn off a Sound Icon when swiping through the Menus

v412wdu3g07c.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • SPNSPN Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Hi, thank you for reply, all settings are as they should be, I also tried a soft boot and a reset to no avail.
    Hi, YamFazMan, I'm new to this, do you mean for me to reply in a message to say yes or no as to your answering my question? I apologise if I have not done it correctly. I tried a reset and updating again using MyDrive Connect (community update never downloads for some reason). I am just wondering if you have any other advice, I have checked all settings, I have the sound setting on, volume up, voice on and all 'fixed camera' sound alerts etc set to 'always', the only thing I didn't change was the day to night mode. I used the 'Home' route today, directions were perfect, sound nice and loud, I passed two fixed cameras but no audible alert when approaching them.

Any advice is much appreciated.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,073
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @SPN
    Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will pick this up Tomorrow and check/correct your Speed Cam Account status.....

For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    Serena or Malcolm in the UK
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    Even more info if in the 'Setting menus' you set up a Wide Traffic/Route Bar
    93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi @SPN
    Welcome to the community! It does not look like the maps have been installed on your TomTom START 52. I would recommend that you update the maps first using MyDrive Connect. The map version should be v10.60.

Once installed do a factory reset, check for any new speed cameras updates again(MyDrive Connect).

Test the device on a planned route and see check if it alerts you for fixed cameras.

Thanks, Vikram
    Hi Vikram, thank you for the reply. The only update showing as available on My Drive is the community map update, however it will not download, even after I have tried a soft reboot and a factory reset to no avail. I will check what version of maps I have. Regards Steven.
    Hi Vikram, please see info below as showing in 'About':-

Application Version
    20.100.0001.311 (0) (13/10/2020)

Installed Maps
    'United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland' v1011.9039
    31 months old (Released 05/2018)

Free space
    6.12 GB Internal memory
    31.03 GB Memory card

Data connection USB

UI Language
    English (United Kingdom)
    edited December 2020
    Hi Vikram, I did a factory reset, and this time was able to download maps v1060.1062, then did the factory reset as you advised, I also downloaded the camera update I had paid for, so need to test it, which will have to be tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. thank you for your help and advice. Regards Steven.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,867
    Superuser
    Hi @SPN

Was your Start 52 originally supplied with the Europe map if it was I would suggest that you load that map onto the unit as well. It will go on the extra memory card and will have the advantage of protecting you from the No Maps Found situation. With 2 maps on the unit when you do the map updates, which you should do one at a time, then should you have a problem during a map update and so lose the map from the unit the other map being there enables you to run the unit normally and so can reload the lost map.

Doug
    Hi Doug, Thank you for the reply and suggestion, the unit only came with UK and Ireland from new. Regards Steven.
    Hi, all who have helped me. Been for a drive past local fixed speed cameras, and all is fine now, so really pleased.

Vikram, I can't figure how to mark your reply as the Answer?

Regards Steven
    ah!! the topic was started as a discussion so you could not see the option to mark the post as answered.

I have changed that now and it should be visible on your side as well. The prompt is just at the bottom of every post/comment.

Thanks, Vikram :)
    Hi, Vikram, Many thanks, you are a gentleman. Regards Steven.