Book a Repair service — TomTom Community

Book a Repair service

Demon_ODDemon_OD Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
My device's mini-USB port seems to be damaged. Not recognised when connected to the PC. I've asked for customer support on another topic but without any response thus far.

Trying to book a repair.
"GETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE REPAIRED

To get your device repaired you need, you can CONTACT US to book in a repair. You need to select your device and then select the category ‘Repairs and replacements’.

When we book in a device to be repaired, we give you a repair number (RMA), explain the repair process, and send you an email confirmation. Repairing a TomTom product usually takes 10 to 20 working days after we receive the product at our service centre. If there's a very serious problem with your device, we may need to replace it. Make sure to make a backup of your device, if possible, before you send it to us
."

But My USB port is damaged & therefore can't connect to PC to update/Backup etc...

I see there is a €105 repair fee but I don't see how to go about booking it in for repair? No option available in the contact us page.

Customer Support / Submit request links are not functioning and keeps bombing out to https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/ page. Come on Tom Tom, get your act in order and support your existing customers!

Please advise!
Tagged:

Comments

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 634 [Revered Pioneer]
    edited December 2020
    Did you try the “Contact us” option on the link below?

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919
  • Demon_ODDemon_OD Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    Yes. As I stated it keeps bombing out to this page https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/
    I get this “ Contact us” option with the help link.

ofxcj2bqm4rg.png

Ya. That Page appears on my screen for one second & then bombs out to that discussion page.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @Demon_OD

Which browser are you using?
    Try clearing the TomTom cookies (see https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/how-to-delete-tomtom-cookies-1018457 )
    a2ywabfqnaef.jpg
    Cookies cleared & still unable to Select A Category to submit a request. It does not appear on screen in Chrome or MS Edge.
    @VikramK do you have an alternative option to book a repair for @Demon_OD ?
    Thanks @RoadRider for your assistance. Let's hope Tom Tom Technical Support does their duty. ? @VikramK please contact Tom Tom IT Department and resolve the website issue with selecting a category for support requests. Thanks.
    EMAIL link is not working either.
    as6solwnt7td.jpg
    Finally the Email link works. Just generated request under ticket ID 1111962
    Sorted now. My 5yr old Rider 400 is on its way to Romania for repair of the USB connector. Also customer service have given me an offer to buy new Rider 550 at a -30% discount, offer valid for 28 days so I'll consider that in Wk.01_2021.
    Thanks for your help.
  • cabosicicabosici Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited December 2020
    [Good afternoon.
    Think about it and ask for information about connectivity with IOS 14. I have the rider 550, and since the last IPhone update, the hands-free functions (making and receiving calls does not work) and receiving messages on the screen either.
    I have been dragging this problem since September, and technical service always sends the same instructions to link the phone and Rider. (And it still does not work)
    But they don't give a solution.
    Greetings and luck.

Mod edit: Machine translated (Spanish)