How can we record route in Apple CarPlay? — TomTom Community

How can we record route in Apple CarPlay?

Shah0303Shah0303 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
The recording works in sat nav
But not in car play on screen or in mobile ???

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,748
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Shah0303

Recently Tomtom indicated that they are working on a compatibility issue between the maps on MyDrive and the New NDS format maps on the Android and IOS Nav Apps. They were hoping to have it sorted and the ability to sync Routes from MyDrive to the Nav Apps around now Unfortunately it was advised a few days ago that it will be 1st Quarter 2021 now.

An updated version is currently going out with some new features including an initial step towards using Siri.

Doug
  • ajukajuk Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Accepted Answer
    Being able to use My Routes in the app and in Car Play is so important and long overdue.

Answers

• Shah0303Shah0303 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Doug
    Hope they sort this sooner the better I just bought subscription to use this in car and it’s no use I can even load my planned routes on it too
    Seems I need to cancel subscription until these two functions are available
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,748
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Shah0303

Recently Tomtom indicated that they are working on a compatibility issue between the maps on MyDrive and the New NDS format maps on the Android and IOS Nav Apps. They were hoping to have it sorted and the ability to sync Routes from MyDrive to the Nav Apps around now Unfortunately it was advised a few days ago that it will be 1st Quarter 2021 now.

An updated version is currently going out with some new features including an initial step towards using Siri.

Doug
  • Shah0303Shah0303 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That sounds good
    Let’s start waiting 😃
  • ajukajuk Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Accepted Answer
    Being able to use My Routes in the app and in Car Play is so important and long overdue.