How to find house address? — TomTom Community

How to find house address?

Please explain me how it works and whether it works
I just bout tom tom premium and I tapped my friend address RH13 0AL Beech House HORSHAM but it doesn't work. Tom Tom can't fund this house. When I use Delm8 show me all houses on that post code.
Thanks

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,921
    Superuser
    Hi @struna1205

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Choose a Search Mode

Here you will find 2 Search Option Modes namely Quick Search and Step by Step Search and if you are in the UK to avoid possible problems with Postcodes always have the Quick Search Selected..

With Quick Search just inputting the Postcode will identify the centre of the Postcodes position which in our case is halfway along the road. If you input a house number as well ie RH13OAL 20 if there is a number 20 then the unit will place the position marker by No 20. The Tomtom system does not work on House Names other than the likes of Buckingham Palace which it finds as it is a POI.

Step by Step search mode requires you to know the name of the road as well as the postcode and in rural areas that can certainly be an issue hence the recommendation to use Quick Search Mode which does not ask for any more information than the postcode. You should also be aware that when using Post Codes do NOT include the space in the middle as you have in your Post.

In the case of the your not having a house number when you have input the Post Code and selected the result then when it is showing the Postcodes Position on the map you can move the map around and then Press the screen for a second or so where the House is positioned and a new marker will appear.

One thing to consider is that if you put your Friends Post Code as your Home if someone takes your unit it is suggesting that you are away from home and so suggests your Friends home could be empty. In my case I have the position marked in the car Park of a Supermarket that is close by and that provides the necessary position.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,470
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @struna1205
    Welcome to the site....
    I think there's an anomaly with this Post code RH13 0AL Using my GO 6200 to find a hit for Salisbury Road I have to use RH13 0al
    The GO 6200 the finds....
    Salisbury Road
    Horsham, RH130AL

i2peg5464162.jpg

xn8k3ceg22lt.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • struna1205struna1205 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    hi
    means I need to know where that house or place is an tom tom give me only in the middle road
    so for what sat nav is
    when I need to know where that place is
    make me confused
    because delivery driver can use because tom tom don't know where that house is
    privet - use app which give you straight directions to destination
    ????????????????
    regards
  • struna1205struna1205 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I'm really disappointed sat nav is nothing worth - spend £300 for nothing- sat nav which one can't find adrress
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,470
    Superusers
    Hi

Just checked using the post office postcode finder, every house in the private road Salisbury Road Horsham, RH130AL has a name but none have a number....
    I suppose as the vast majority of people are happy with postcodes and a house number to locate their houses, so all the various SatNavs will work just fine... A straight search using Google Maps only finds the postcode RH13 0AL....
    7j9d0wr171l2.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM