No updates for 13 months — TomTom Community

No updates for 13 months

Unique_Skin_ClinicsUnique_Skin_Clinics Posts: 9 [Novice Seeker]
I have been asking you for help for 13 months now, since one of your staff 'did something to improve' my TOMTOM. It has never worked properly since then. I have spent the past 2 days messaging back and to trying to sort this, but getting nowhere, as you just will not speak to me on the phone to help me sort this out. I've even gone and got another computer as requested to try to download it from that one, but it still won't work. Can someone PLEASE help me now? It shows a partial down load that never changes

Answers

• Unique_Skin_ClinicsUnique_Skin_Clinics Posts: 9 [Novice Seeker]
    Yes, endlessly. The download is stuck part way across and won't move. They told me that I would have to pay an IT expert to sort it out. Utterly ridiculous and I don't believe it is true. I deleted and reinstalled it but it won't update. I wouldn't mind, but one of their staff caused this problem, and now they won't help me
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,457
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Unique_Skin_Clinics
    I think you were on one of the Scam lookalike Tomtom website right from the very start....
    The Scam websites are visually very professional and are remarkably convincing....
    The Phone call or Chat line is where you get first get suckered in... then the Support Service person (Scammer) rings you to completes the Scam....

See my Signature for more info....

Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

The way of contacting Customer Services has changed

(1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

(2)... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    I was on their Facebook page.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Unique_Skin_Clinics
    What is your Tomtom device ??? What are the problems ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    edited December 2020
    I have a TomTom via 135. It was having problems updating so I rang support. A guy took over my computer and the device and updated it for me. He said he would do something to make it run even better. That was 13 months ago. It has never updated since then (even though it will say on screen it has updated), it rarely ever connects with the satellite and frequently tells me to turn when I am in the middle of forests or acres of fields and no turns are available. Whatever he did to it has completely wrecked it. I got a message from TomToms Facebook page this morning telling me that my device is up to date now, which is completely untrue. I have travelled extensively in remote areas for work, so this is a big problem for me. I bought this more expensive one to replace a previous TomTom, which was a bit rubbish.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Unique_Skin_Clinics
    I'm not a Facebook user.... I have Just Googled "Tomtom Facebook" the first hit from the search list is a Scam Site..... The description in your post still feels like a Scam Website....
    What was the URL of the website ???

Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

If possible, for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1654017/#Comment_1654017

If your still struggling to get a GPS Fix
    Try... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1654018/#Comment_1654018

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    I have just replied and my message has not shown here
    Ok, so no matter how many times I write this message, it will not allow me to paste and send the link - my message just disappears
    I have already done all those things you suggested, but thanks anyway
    Wont allow me to post the link, but it is TomTomDrivers
    It has 1,196,262 likes and the official logo