Windows 10 PC does not recognize either of my TomTom satnavs — TomTom Community

Windows 10 PC does not recognize either of my TomTom satnavs

brooksy7729brooksy7729 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited December 2020 in MyDrive Connect
Hello all
I have searched and searched and tried several methods to resolve this issue but I have failed.

I have both a VIA62 (4AP64) and a TomTom Via Live

I use (and have always used) the correct cable to connect them to our laptops at home.

Both satnavs used to connect to all 3 laptops with no issues via mydrive connect.

All 3 laptops run the latest version of Win 10.

Now for no apparent reason 2 out of the 3 laptops refuse to connect to the satnavs.

I have tried every usb port on each laptop.

Our new (one is 12 months old, the other 2 yrs old) Dell and Acer laptops will not connect.

However our old dell (about 5yrs old now) still connects.

Basically the issue is when the satnav is plugged into the laptop the satnav indicates that it is ‘connected to your computer’ BUT mydrive connect states it is not.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled tomtom mydrive connect version 4.2.10.418

On both of the laptops in question the device manager shows yellow triangle error in:-
• Network Adaptors
Remote NDIS Compatible Device
device status – windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device (class 56)
AND
• Universal serial bus controllers
unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)
device status - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

I am well and truly stuck and help would be most appreicated.

Regards

Brooksy

Comments

• 123nuser123nuser Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    edited December 2020
  • LaurenodLaurenod Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    I am having the same exact problem! Windows 10 keeps telling me it does not recognize the device. i was able to update it last year with no problems at all. HELP!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,098
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @brooksy7729
    @Laurenod
    Welcome to the site
    Are the USB Ports USB 3 ??? Tomtom devices are USB 2....
    Some USB3 Ports are less reverse compatible with USB 2 than others... See if there's an Update for the USB 3 port drivers.....

Try....
    Disconnect your Tomtom device....
    (Do not Reconnect your device until instructed)
    Logout of MyDrive Connect....
    From the Power menu 'Restart' your PC (NOT Turn it Off 'n' On again)....
    Run MyDrive Connect & Login... Connect & Start your device....

If you are still having problems with MyDrive Connect... I find deleting the "HOME3" AND the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1704775/#Comment_1704775

If you're using a Windows PC....
    You can delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    The main advantage of using the Revo Uninstaller is that Revo first uninstalls the Program using the Windows default uninstaller ... Then scans and removes any of the left over files from MyDrive Connect that the default Windows uninstall leaves behind....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1722730/#Comment_1722730

Stay Safe... ATB YFM