I accidentally formatted my TomTom SD card and now I can't load the necessary files onto the card. — TomTom Community

I accidentally formatted my TomTom SD card and now I can't load the necessary files onto the card.

_hugo_hugo Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
I have a Smart ForTwo 453 , TomTom runs off an SD card in the centre console. I tried to update my SD card with the latest maps and I had an error stating the card did not have enough space (8GB). I wanted to use a 16GB or 32GB card and followed instructions I found online. That did not work, and ended up accidentally formatting the original SD card and now I can't even load the necessary files onto the original TomTom supplied SD card. The car dealer has stated that I need to buy a new SD Card for €180 to fix the problem! Is there anything I can do? For the record I was using Smart Media Connect on my macBook where I can still see my device under My Devices. Is there any way for me to fix this without spending €180?

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,897
    Superuser
    Hi @_hugo

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard can advise what action you will need to take. Look back here tomorrow to see what they have to say.

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,088 Moderator
    edited December 2020
    Hi @_hugo

I already responded to you yesterday here. Unfortunately, there is no workaround to it once you format the SD card.

Regards, lampard
  • _hugo_hugo Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Thank you so much for your answer. I'm bummed though. :s