Battery on Go 520 wifi — TomTom Community

Battery on Go 520 wifi

My Tomtom 520 Go is not being charged, battery is now empty.
The holder receives electricity in the car. This comes out of nowhere. The holder connected to the PC also has no effect. Reset was successful. Device switches itself off. I have not been able to find a description for this problem ... who can help me with this? Thanks

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,904
    Superuser
    Hi @pansa

To try and understand the full situation could you answer the following please.

It is possible to charge a GO520 using some phone chargers. For example the Iphone 3 pin phone charger which has a USB socket in it can be used and so is worth trying that with the Cable plugged into the Socket on the back of the GO520. Does it charge up if you try that.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,457
    Superusers
    Hi
    @pansa
    Welcome to the site....
    pansa wrote: »
    My Tomtom 520 Go is not being charged, the battery is now empty.
    The holder receives electricity in the car. This comes out of nowhere (Snip)
    By 'Holder' ??? I think you mean the Mount supplied by Tomtom....
    The USB Cable supplied by Tomtom, plugs into the bottom of the Mount... The power adapter plugs into the Cars 12 volt Power Socket....

cthetcx57fyq.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • pansapansa Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I use the connection as Fazman shows it.
    I will now look for that Iphone 3 cable ... thank you so far
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,904
    Superuser
    edited December 2020
    Hi @pansa

I mean the cable you see in the picture in @YamFazMan's post which was supplied by Tomtom. Instead of inserting into the mount plug the end into the socket on the back of the GO unit. If this then works then the mount is suspect. If the Cable is attached to an Apple or similar plug and it works then maybe the Cig Plug in the above post is suspect.

Doug