Getting data off a watch without an account — TomTom Community

Getting data off a watch without an account

I went for a run with my watch before creating an account. Is there any way to get the data from that run off my watch? I can see the basic info under recent activities on the watch but can't see how to download it without an account. Is this possible?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,568
    Superusers
    No, the only way to get the data off the watch is to register it with MySports as that is how it is synced. Download the MySports software to your computer (must have a Windows or Mac computer, no Chromebooks, not tablets or phones), plug the watch in and it will prompt you to register. You should not lose that activity.

I am curious to know if you just got the watch. i assume it is used as TT Sports went out of business and discontinued the watches 3 years ago. If it was used you should have factory reset it first, which would prompt you to register it.

Link to the MySports software:

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957779
  • MelbanfieldMelbanfield Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your reply. I borrowed the watch off a friend to run my first marathon as wanted to track the data. Found out later that he has never created an account for the watch even though he had it for years.

I have downloaded the software and connected the watch but it says "record your first activity to see it listed here" - as if there is no activity even though I can see it on the watch face when I unplug it.

Any ideas..?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,568
    Superusers
    Thanks for your reply. I borrowed the watch off a friend to run my first marathon as wanted to track the data. Found out later that he has never created an account for the watch even though he had it for years.

I have downloaded the software and connected the watch but it says "record your first activity to see it listed here" - as if there is no activity even though I can see it on the watch face when I unplug it.

Any ideas..?

You may be out of luck. Step one in the manual is to register the watch, I am not sure how your friend was even using it.